Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

Two days, two rods christened on two rivers
« on: 12/10/2021 at 18:34 »
So Euan and I had a couple of days in pursuit of silver tourists last week - with success I am pleased to say :z16

Despite a last minute hiccup which very, very nearly led to much unhappiness, we had one day on the River Glass and a second on the Upper Beauly.
The beat on the Glass we explored was new to us both and whilst we only explored a limited amount of it the humidity and 20 degree heat (I don't recall fishing in a polo shirt in October in Scotland before!) wasn't immediately promising. It was though, and we both had fish. Euan a nice cock fish (strong wee bugger!) about 7lbs and I had a hen fish around the 5.5lb mark.  Importantly for me it was the first Salmon I had landed on a Sage Method Switch rod that I bought from a well known purveyor of quality fly lines based in Inverurie  *smiley-wink*

Day two was on the Upper Beauly, one of my favourite haunts and amazingly my only visit to the beats this year  *smiley-shocking* Here I was blessed (before the river height dropped 2.5ft in 20 mins  *smiley-unhappy* ) with two lively cock fish in the 5-6lb category, each on the Orvis Mission 13'6" #8 which some very kind friends bought me for my 50th earlier this year  :z16
Another rod christened - couldn't be happier  :z18

As always, a big thank you to Euan for the photos and the company  :z16

One day left for me (most likely only one day) before seasons end and then another season done. Mind you, this winter, lots and lots of fly tying to be done.

H

Mike Barrio

Re: Two days, two rods christened on two rivers
« Reply #1 on: 12/10/2021 at 19:11 »
Great stuff Hamish  :z16

I never did christen the Switch rod  *smiley-grin* ..... so well done that man!

Cheers
Mike

James Laraway

Re: Two days, two rods christened on two rivers
« Reply #2 on: 13/10/2021 at 09:43 »
looks lovely.....

Wish I'd managed a cast before the season was out. Maybe next year..................

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com