Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Tom Benson

Re: Reel Upgrade
« Reply #15 on: 07/11/2021 at 13:32 »

Very interesting....... As my reel cost more than £135........ then I had to pay Vat & import duties.........
                                                   Considering the quality of Daniellson reels & the low cost , I,m satisfied !
                                                 Moreover..... my Ross reels & my Lamsons , cost considerably more .......... enough said.
                                              Tom

Graham Nicol

« Reply #16 on: 08/11/2021 at 07:59 »
I didn't do anything to avoid import duties. I merely ordered online via their official website and the reel was delivered by DHL with no charges. I suspect with the current confusion some are fortunate and avoid it and others get hit with the full amount. All a bit of a mess and does make one hesitate to order from overseas not knowing what full cost could finally be.

James Laraway

« Reply #17 on: 08/11/2021 at 09:07 »
Thats a great attitude Tom - the reels are still excellent value for what they are even when they have import taxes applied.

Very interesting....... As my reel cost more than £135........ then I had to pay Vat & import duties.........
                                                   Considering the quality of Daniellson reels & the low cost , I,m satisfied !
                                                 Moreover..... my Ross reels & my Lamsons , cost considerably more .......... enough said.
                                              Tom

Tom Benson

« Reply #18 on: 08/11/2021 at 14:10 »

Thank you James........
                                                 Having recently sold my Mako 56 & 65 reels , decided to get " real & reel " with my reel collection   
                                                 SO, as already stated , good quality & Engineering design ....... will stay with this company : not to say.... I,ll get rid of my Ross & Lamson ......
                                                just put them in my showcase
                                                                                                                      Tom :z16 :z16 :z16 :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com