Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

James Laraway

Fishing cider
« on: 29/09/2021 at 17:58 »
Mrs L bought we a wee pressie

Terry Coging

Re: Fishing cider
« Reply #1 on: 29/09/2021 at 20:10 »
Wow! I love 'proper' cider. Cider making and restoring presses and scratters is one of my other interests. 
I'll be on a cider making w/e in Somerset in a fortnight  :z18 Where did you obtain this collection from?

James Laraway

« Reply #2 on: 29/09/2021 at 22:23 »
There's a place called Colcombe House in Hereford that do mail order, they have a website if you 'google' them.
Haven't tasted it yet but I'm sure it'll be good !

Terry Coging

« Reply #3 on: 01/10/2021 at 10:05 »
Thank you James. It solves the Christmas present problem for a couple of fishing buddies that have everything. I'll order a few cases.
Curiously, my business was only a mile away on the other side of the Wye from Colcombe House. They were not an a noted cider producer then, in fact a lot of orchards were in decline. Their website shows a picture of an angler posing with some monster Wye salmon. Indeed in it's day it could match any UK river for plentiful, large salmon. I fished it regularly in the 80's and 90's and witnessed a massif decline. In fact I stopped fishing for salmon altogether, believing that they were an endangered species.

James Laraway

« Reply #4 on: 01/10/2021 at 19:41 »
I can confirm that the 'new catch' cider (in a can) is very very nice

Richard Green

« Reply #5 on: 17/10/2021 at 11:31 »
Colcombe House was the fishing lodge used by J Arthur Hutton and his friends when they had the tenancy of the Carrots Fishery at Hampton Bishop.
Richard

James Laraway

« Reply #6 on: 23/10/2021 at 19:12 »
Happy to report that their 'Willie Gunn' cider is lovely too. Totally reccomend their cider...

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com