Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Tam Greenock

Looking for new boots
« on: 08/02/2008 at 15:26 »
lm looking to buy a new pair of boots for this year, something warm, totally waterproof and comfortable to wear all day on the bank and boat.
Any suggestions folks
Thanks
Tam

Jim Eddie

Re: Looking for new boots
« Reply #1 on: 08/02/2008 at 16:01 »

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 08/02/2008 at 16:13 »
Yip ..

If its welly type boots, I have a pair of Sherwood Forest wellies that are neoprene lined, have the adjustable top and very flexible uppers. I paid £54 for them and love them to bits. Very similar to the Aigle Pacours Outlast at £125..which is also lovely.

If its "field" boots you are after then the Alberg and Lowa boots are top quality, but also top dollar.

The Millers at Midmar, Sloans of Inverurie and the tackle shop in Ballater all have a great range of "keeper" boots that are waterproof, warm, have loads of support and well worth having.

I use the British Arm Pro Boot..mainly because I was issued with them so they were free...but they are very very good. Gortex and  Cambrelle lined with Thinsulate. I also used the Alberg boots for mountain training and loved them to bits.

stickleback

« Reply #3 on: 08/02/2008 at 21:00 »
This month's FF&FT waxes lyrical about Muckboots for £66, from the Original Muckboot Company, 74 Wellington Rd, Turton, Bolton.  They certanly look as if they'd keep your feet nice and toasty.   http://www.muckbootcompany.com/catalog.php?cPath=21

PDScott

« Reply #4 on: 09/02/2008 at 12:51 »
Tam,
I bought a pair of Canadian Tarn boots from Hawkshead - they have leather uppers which lace up but the lower part is rubber and, to date, have been totally waterproof. They also have a removable inner sock which makes them very warm. No use for wading but wet grass and water in the bottom of a boat pose no problems. If my memory serves me right, they were £39.99 plus postage. I hope this is of some help.
Peter

Tam Greenock

« Reply #5 on: 10/02/2008 at 17:13 »
Thanks folks, l like the look of the muck boots  :z2

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com