Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

Ythan Sea Trout fishing for sale
« on: 11/07/2021 at 12:27 »
I clocked this whilst having a coffee earlier this morning:

https://www.galbraithgroup.com/property/abn210098-newburgh-foveran-fishings-river-ythan-newburgh-ellon-aberdeenshire-ab41-6by

Can't make my mind up yet if that's good value or not, but if I had the funds I'd certainly consider it. I've had some belting Sea Trout - to maybe 6lbs and certainly well over 5lbs - from the Ythan estuary but ultimately it was a bit of an 'arse' getting up there from upper-Deeside for a days fishing so I stopped going.
Popular with seal spotters too, I believe  *smiley-wink*

Allan Liddle

Re: Ythan Sea Trout fishing for sale
« Reply #1 on: 12/07/2021 at 00:10 »
Was there yesterday and heard this Hamish.
Cracking fishing and would be a sad loss if it was altered because of the sale.

Best fish yesterday 2 1/2  >)

Bob Mitchell

« Reply #2 on: 12/07/2021 at 09:26 »
Watched a bit on Countryfile last year about the seals on the estuary. They were going on about how wonderful it was the way the colony had grown the last few years. The beach was black with them. Possible reason for sale ?
Bob.

James Laraway

« Reply #3 on: 12/07/2021 at 10:10 »
the seals are a right pain - however the fishing is still excellent.

With the continuing demise of wild salmon the ythan sea trout fishery may be a good buy as lets face it salmon fishers may soon have to look for an alternative quarry...

Stevie Rennie

« Reply #4 on: 26/07/2021 at 01:40 »
The word when I visited recently was that an offer was in, hopefully the existing set up will remain with the prospective buyer.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com