Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

New company on the block
« on: 08/07/2021 at 14:17 »
It appears Ian Gordon and and Stevie Munn (APGAI-IRE Master, APGAI and GAIA in Fly Casting) have been snapped up by Cadence Fishing UK to head up a new range of fly gear for the UK.

Cadence UK has a pretty big following in the Match and coarse fishing arena so it will be interesting how they do in the world of fly fishing.  They are actually a US company that seems to have a UK arm.

So far they have announced a range of Ian Gordon Double Handers, Stevie Munn Single Handers and reels and lines to match.

I wonder how they will do in a market that is heavily influenced by reputation and "names".

Bob Mitchell

Re: New company on the block
« Reply #1 on: 09/07/2021 at 09:29 »
Good luck to them although i would have thought the d/h market was overly full at present.
Seams strange to be starting up when the salmon fishing is mostly doom and gloom.
Bob.

Hamish Young

Re: New company on the block
« Reply #2 on: 10/07/2021 at 21:39 »
I've been watching this for the past few weeks and it's good to see Ian putting his considerable experience to good use somewhere outside of Hardy/Greys.

One little gem of detail is in one of the Cadence videos on YouTube here
All an interesting watch, but skip to 19 mins and watch for a few minutes. I'm intrigued by what's being talked about here in terms of rod/line matching, it's a good idea for a brand to do this and I think for a new brand (to fly fishing) an interesting and simple USP.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com