Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Barry Robertson

Lintrathen Loch 2021
« on: 03/06/2021 at 09:21 »
Just a little update on my last few visits up to Lintrathen for those who may be interested  >)

i have managed a few visits over the last month or so with some great sport to be had. The water clarity as always is great and the fish have always been about in great numbers which is encouraging to see for the season ahead.
Over the last couple of seasons i feel the browns have really come into there own, not sure if this has been due to smaller amounts of stockings of rainbows or  if they have just been under fished. Either or i am not to fussed and have really enjoyed the great mixed bags of browns and bows.
Certainly no shortage of either rainbows and browns of late, majority of fish are still quite tight in on the drifts and hopefully its only a matter of time before the water warms a little and the fish venture further out into the deeper water.
Fish freely feeding on buzzers with the browns really enjoying a pulled fly.
Fly life is slowly picking up with lots of up wing olives around and the buzzer hatches are pretty prolific when it gets warm.
All fish returned in these images  :wink
Worth a visit anyway and well worth the drive  :z18

Mike Barrio

Re: Lintrathen Loch 2021
« Reply #1 on: 03/06/2021 at 10:14 »
Great stuff Baz, I hope life is treating you well  :z16

I certainly enjoyed fishing the margins for Brownies last time I was there, but must confess that this was a few years ago.

Must visit again when I get a chance ........

Cheers
Mike

Mike Barrio

Re: Lintrathen Loch 2021
« Reply #2 on: 03/06/2021 at 21:31 »
Sorry Baz ..... I was updating something in the gallery and I lost your outboard photo  *smiley-shocking*

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com