Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Andy Grant

Another just joined
« on: 24/05/2021 at 12:55 »
Hi all,

What a great site, thanks for giving me access. Been reading the Loch Leven thread which brings back great memories, many a trip was made when I lived in Dunblane.  Resident in Cardiff for 30 years now but always escape to the Highlands every year. Good to see some familiar names here, many I've had a cast or 2 with before, I do miss the end of season Crask bash! Tight lines all.
Andy

Mike Barrio

Re: Another just joined
« Reply #1 on: 24/05/2021 at 12:59 »
Hi Andy

Welcome to our wee forum  :z16

I've heard about the Crask gatherings, but not been to one yet.

I'm sure you'll find your way around, but if you need help with anything ..... just ask.

Cheers
Mike

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #2 on: 24/05/2021 at 15:47 »
Hi Andy, as Mike said welcome to the forum. I had a cast or three with you and Steve at Crask in 2016.

Good craic and a few trout in a howling Gale.

Eddie

James Laraway

« Reply #3 on: 24/05/2021 at 15:56 »
and a Crask is ?????

*smiley-lol*

Allan Liddle

« Reply #4 on: 28/05/2021 at 23:20 »
Aye aye Andy, hope all good in Cardiff.

James a Crask is..................not for the feint hearted or those who canne take a big dram nightly, stay up till stupid o clock each night, speak shite, don't take offence at a good slagging and can still get up / oot tae chase troots next day.  >)
Sadly this is a trip of the past with the bunkhouse now gone but many, many fantastic memories and never forgotten craic.  Miss them and miss Mike and Kai who ran the Inn for the wonderful hospitality.

Have been thinking about getting the band back together at an alternative venue for a season end thrash however, a few destinations in mind so if i do get round to organising then i'll certainly let you all know.

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #5 on: 29/05/2021 at 00:08 »
Alan,

If you do get it organised let me know. I only managed the one but the craic was ace the hangovers legendary and the fishing was epic.

Eddie

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com