Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Kav Ring

Re: Other Hobbies?
« Reply #15 on: 05/06/2021 at 20:54 »
I'm a returning angler too! Original plan was sea fly fishing when I went to the coast to kitesurf (im landlocked in oxford) but Covid hit and couldn't travel. Now am hooked on chasing trout and getting inspired to go after wild browns in wales. Other hobbies are boardsports,  cooking and really keen on bread making and fermenting stuff.
Mike, I had some great nasturtium leaves in my farm shop salad this week!

Mike Barrio

« Reply #16 on: 05/06/2021 at 23:06 »
Hi Kav

Great that you're enjoying your trout fishing  :z16

I've not fished in Wales, but it certainly looks like there is some great water to explore!

Cheers
Mike

Kav Ring

« Reply #17 on: 08/06/2021 at 23:42 »
Thanks Mike
Yeah really like the look of some of the upland Llyns and smaller streams. My bro was trout fishing the Loughor last night and got splashed by decent sized salmon-great to hear!!

Ben Crichton

« Reply #18 on: 12/06/2021 at 07:09 »
I have a bag full of camera gear I'd love to use more of. Seem to spend all my time doing stuff to the house or chasing after our 3 year old son. Anyway can't talk, got a window to fit today. Joys if buying an old house!

Mike Barrio

« Reply #19 on: 12/06/2021 at 10:46 »
Great stuff Ben, photography is good fun and there is so much to learn and experiment with  :z16

Enjoy the DIY  *smiley-grin*

Mike Barrio

« Reply #20 on: 18/12/2021 at 10:14 »
That's one of the pond yachts finished - must take it for a swim when the weather warms up  :)

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com