Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Allan Liddle

Blown Out Again
« on: 19/05/2021 at 07:10 »
Amazing the amount of times localised and very heavy rain in the Ladder Hills / Eat Cairngorm has caused sudden and dramatic rises in the rivers that run from this bit of our uplands.
SEPA gauge showing an almost vertical line again from 6.00pm on Deveron which is strange as i'd just left the river way above Huntly just before this and it was sun cream lotion conditions.

Deveron, Bogie, A'an, Lower Spey, Don all fecked but suppose no bad thing as i'm working today anyway  *smiley-unhappy*

Isla and Ury still looking ok though so might have a wee nose in on my way home  *smiley-wink*

Mike Barrio

Re: Blown Out Again
« Reply #1 on: 19/05/2021 at 12:54 »
Yep ..... some pretty heavy downpours Allan, gone are my plans for a sneak trip down the river in search of a fish I spotted the other day  *smiley-sad*  bet it has moved now too.

Good luck with the 'wee nose in'  :z16

Cheers
Mike

Steven Kidd

« Reply #2 on: 19/05/2021 at 19:56 »
I'm booked in for a day on Saturday on the Don.....schoolboy error, the forecast has changed drastically......

Now what to do?.........a Loch somewhere or other could work!

Steven

Allan Liddle

« Reply #3 on: 20/05/2021 at 20:13 »
Saturday might still be ok Steven?

Wee nose in was restricted to the Isla which was the only one fishable (Ury also blown out)
Reminded me why i love these wee rivers as much, cracking wee water, smaller but perfect fish and lovely runs n pools.    :z16 :z16

Dave Robb

« Reply #4 on: 20/05/2021 at 21:29 »
Heavy rain across most of the region from tonight and all through tomorrow, should see the Don and others up and dirty come Saturday.

Steven Kidd

« Reply #5 on: 21/05/2021 at 10:44 »
Aye.....I'm away for another crack at Leven....I need my Saturday man day!

Steven

Allan Liddle

« Reply #6 on: 21/05/2021 at 23:08 »
Yup sadly looking like we're blown out for a few days in these parts  *smiley-unhappy*

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com