Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Steven Kidd

Re: Loch Leven
« Reply #15 on: 29/05/2021 at 22:10 »
Hello.....

Making plans again for a trip on Monday, forecast is bright sunshine,,,,,, *smiley-unhappy* and a South East wind at the moment.......consulting this delightful old map for drifts in certain wind directions, :-)

Steven

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #16 on: 29/05/2021 at 22:51 »
Nice map ,

Back in the days when we fished there regularly all around St serfs was our favoured drifts. Not so sure about the new anchored buzzer locations.

Eddie

Mike Barrio

« Reply #17 on: 30/05/2021 at 00:16 »
Yep, I used to head up to St. Serfs too, not that I ever did particularly well on the loch  *smiley-grin*

Gotta love old fishing maps ..... fingers crossed that it helps on Monday  :z16

Cheers
Mike

Brian Brand

« Reply #18 on: 30/05/2021 at 22:54 »
I just remembered that St Serfs was so good that we could not see the other 50 boats on the Loch. It was so windy that the water was lipping the edges of the boat, it was all right when we were drifting though. All in all another great day out.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #19 on: 30/05/2021 at 23:10 »
I just remembered that St Serfs was so good that we could not see the other 50 boats on the Loch. It was so windy that the water was lipping the edges of the boat, it was all right when we were drifting though. All in all another great day out.

Aye, I remember that day Brian and towing another boat back down from St Serfs too  *smiley-smile*

Steven Kidd

« Reply #20 on: 31/05/2021 at 21:20 »
Hi,

Not much to report from today's adventure i'm afraid, apart from sunburn.....

The water depth to be in with the conditions today was 18-20ft with a sinking line or intermediate with buzzers.......I learned upon return to the boathouse.  I was in 10-15ft with a floater.......but not far off the right locations.

Water depth knowledge is absolutely key on Leven,  So much to learn.

Hopefully get a day on the river this week to ease my sanity!!

I'll be back though, I'm having a 4lber out there this year, I'm determined. ::(

Steven

James Laraway

« Reply #21 on: 01/06/2021 at 09:26 »
Fair play to  you Steven. I had been trying to catch pike on the fly in a loch up here but only the small ones came anywhere near the surface.

The big mammas were in water depths of 15ft plus  which meant that even with a super fast sinking line trying to catch them was a nightmare so i gave up....

Maybe i should have tried a 'pike bung' so see if they would take a static fly  *smiley-lol*

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com