Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Terry Coging

Loch Awe?
« on: 25/04/2021 at 08:15 »
I'm holidaying in Oban with the family early July and they have given me a pass out for 2 days fishing :cool:
I've looked at the local websites and there is plenty of choice but I would dearly like to wet a line on the historic and mighty Loch Awe.
I'm considering having a guide for a day there to save time and then having a day on the much smaller Loch Nell.
Do any members have knowledge about these places?

Hamish Young

Re: Loch Awe?
« Reply #1 on: 25/04/2021 at 08:45 »
I know a guide who occasionally operates in that part of the world Terry: https://fishinguide.co.uk/
Chaps name is Duncan Pepper, but if Duncan isn't available he has a few guys who sub for him very well.

I haven't fished Loch Awe since the early 1980's so don't think my knowledge can be considered 'current'.

H

Steven Kidd

Re: Loch Awe?
« Reply #2 on: 27/04/2021 at 09:16 »
HI,

Fished here about 10 years ago, can be good sport round the margins either side of the Portsonachan Hotel.

If you do go out in a boat, definitely take a guide, there are alot of currents and for safety alone i'd recommend it.  Loch Awe is a notorious bit of water.  Be safe.

Steven

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com