Forum > Rivers & Lochs

Rainbow Fishers?

(1/3) > >>

Mike Barrio:
Do you enjoy fishing for Rainbows?

I'm sure there are  quite a few keen Rainbow fishers amongst the forum members  :)

I know I naturally lean towards fishing for Brownies on the river, and sometimes lochs ( which tend to involve a bit more distance ) but I do also enjoy a few hours fishing for rainbows. Especially if the fish are willing to look up, an evening rise on a stillwater can be good fun.

Cheers
Mike

Gavin Stevenson:
I have similar opinon to yourself Mike. I enjoy few hours at Midmar occasionally which has nice backdrop and can be great fun with buzzers

Mike Barrio:
I haven't been up to Midmar fishery for many years Gavin, must fix that  :z16

James Laraway:
I do fish for rainbows occasionally but I tend to come away feeling 'empty'. It's not that they are rainbows per say but more that they are stocked fish and I just don't get the same buzz as when I catch wild fish.
I would probably feel different fishing for over wintered rainbows in say a big reservoir but small 'holes in the ground' just don't do it for me as a general rule. Forbes if Kingennie is the only stocked fishery I really liked but I mainly fished the boathouse pool that is 'wilder' and more difficult to fish due to all the trees etc. Interesting I was the only person fishing it - everyone else fished the other pools where they didn't need to worry about their backcast !

Gavin Stevenson:
James, agree with sentiment, I actually limit my 'techniques' to buzzer and dries.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version