Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Dave Gordon

Hardy salmon rods
« on: 11/04/2021 at 18:08 »
Is anyone looking for a double handed salmon rod? I have a few rods i really never use these days, and really need to clear some space. I have a hardy swift 16 foot set up, complete with matching swift reel and floating line. I also have a Hardy gem, i think 2, in a 15 footer. I will have a matching reel for it, probably an angel, i have a few reels that suit that rod.
Another rod that i will never use again is a sharpes split cane gordon, 9 1/2 foot i think, with matching reel and even a little alloy dry fly box, badged as sharpes..

I would need to have a look on ebay as i really have no ideas of values. I thought i would stick them on here rather than stick them on ebay, as shipping them would be a pain

Neil Davidson

Re: Hardy salmon rods
« Reply #1 on: 12/04/2021 at 11:49 »
Hi Dave, I am interested in the Sharpes tackle. If you want to send me a cost for the rod & reel etc I'll consider purchasing them. I live in England but have an ambition to fish for salmon in Scotland and one day fish the Shiel at Cliff which was featured in a book I read many years ago 'Halcyon' by George Brennand. I am split cane enthusiast and own 5 coarse / game rods so your rod would be going to a good home.  I found the website by researching salmon fishing and it is peculiar that it is dedicated to the rivers near Aberdeen because my ancestors originated from Inverurie, Rathen and New Pitsligo.
Looking forwards to hearing from you. Best Regards - Neil Davidson

Tim Cousins

Re: Hardy salmon rods
« Reply #2 on: 24/04/2021 at 20:55 »
Hi Dave,
I've recently discovered the delight of a Hardy Demon 15' #10 ... what line weight is your Gem (assuming this post is still valid after a couple of weeks)?
Thanks,
Tim

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com