Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Duncan McRae

River Don Inverurie bypass route
« on: 03/01/2021 at 17:52 »
Transport Scotland have decided on their preferred A96 Inverurie bypass route.

The new bypass will run very close to the top end of the Inverurie burgh fishings,from the Black pot, through the Roquharold woods and will cross the Don somewhere around the top limit of the burgh fishings / bottom of the Manar fishings.

A place of streams,woods,peace and beauty will be destroyed in my opinion.

Duncan

Kev Graham

Re: River Don Inverurie bypass route
« Reply #1 on: 03/01/2021 at 18:48 »
I had this very thought myself Duncan. It’s a nice secluded quiet pool up the top of the beat, and a favourite of mine at times down the years, but I suppose naturally things need to progress and the A96 badly needs dualled. I’m sure the fish will still be there, hopefully the crossing point is just upstream of the burn, and we can now wave up to the traffic thundering by as we play a nice fish

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 05/01/2021 at 17:44 »
Yes, difficult one Duncan, I guess the project means that it has to cross the river somewhere.

On hindsight, it's a pity they allowed houses to be built so close to the current route, which restricts any widening.

Steven Kidd

« Reply #3 on: 05/01/2021 at 19:53 »
There is not much point building roads if we're not allowed to go anywhere is there? :z8

Allan Liddle

« Reply #4 on: 06/01/2021 at 21:40 »
As someone who travels the A96 regularly from end to end i welcome the plans to dual it, although not sure i'll see it in my lifetime.
Yes agree the road needs to cross somewhere, Spey, Deveron, Lossie, Findhorn and Nairn also effected, as will the Bogie and Isla but i must say that with development around Inverurie as it is then crossing points are limited especially as development was permitted to breach the A96 (which isn't permitted elsewhere).

Get it built for the good of the rest of the North East and make sure you future proof it, instead of it coming 20 years too late and 20 years out of date soon as it opens.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com