Forum > Rod Building

Euronymph blank choice

<< < (2/2)

Rob Brownfield:

--- Quote from: James Orme on 25/08/2021 at 10:53 ---I went for the unbranded nano helix 10ft 2wt from guidesnblanks, very pleased with it. I've limited exposure to other 10ft 2wt rods but it feels light, very sensitive and a joy to use when playing fish.

--- End quote ---

I have had Brownies to jut over 3lb on mine, from a fast, run, and it coped well. It is lovely for pinging out bugs. It is a Taniwha Rodworks blank as Sandy suggested.

James Orme:
Just a brief update on this rod. I somehow managed to lose the top 2 sections into the river whilst I was retrieving a fly from a tree, I still (1+ year later) can't quite understand how it happened. I built another on the same blank but fitted a carbon fibre handle which has increased the sensitivity.
Additionally I have built a 10ft 5wt from the same nanohelix range at guidesnblanks which is equally fun to fish with and to complete the line-up a 10ft 7wt nanohelix blank from Taniwha. The latter rod is the only one of the three that I'm not entirely positive about, I don't think I've yet found the right balance of rod/reel/line to make it as enjoyable to use.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version