Forum > Rod Building

Euronymph blank choice

(1/2) > >>

James Orme:
Any experience with a couple of the Euronymph  blanks available from guidesnblanks please?
Specifically the Evoke 10ft 2/3 wt and the unbranded 10ft 2wt nano helix in the sale section?
Thanks

Sandy Nelson:
Sorry James

I’ve no specific experience of either blank. I think the Nano helix blanks are the same as the ones that you can get from Taniwha and they make into nice rods. But I don’t know for certain. Mark is closed until 11th of Jan but I’m pretty sure his blanks are less  :wink

Sandy

James Orme:
Thanks Sandy. The nano helix is £84.50 (slightly less than the taniwha price) and the Evoke is £95.40. I need some other odds and ends from guidesnblanks so any postage costs will be spread across those as well.
But some of the downlocking taniwha reel seats look very tempting...........

Rob Brownfield:
A little late to the discussion, but I have the 2 weight Nano Helix rod.

I love it! It is a really nice rod to use and I have had fish to around 4lbs on it with little problem.

I made it for Bugging for Grayling when the rivers are low and clear and the flies scaled down a bit,  but it now comes trout  fishing with me more often than not.

If you are planning on using heavy jigs and 3 to3.5mm tungsten beads, then look at the 4 weight, but for French nymphing,  2mm beads and clear water, it is lovely.

James Orme:
I went for the unbranded nano helix 10ft 2wt from guidesnblanks, very pleased with it. I've limited exposure to other 10ft 2wt rods but it feels light, very sensitive and a joy to use when playing fish.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version