Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

James Laraway

Alvie estates fishing.....don't bother...
« on: 25/11/2020 at 09:43 »
So, I thought I would head down to fish Lochs Beag and Alvie yestarday and wish I hadn't bothered.

Now the usual price has been £15 for the day, which is an OK amount as the fishing can be good - even though on a lot of lochs you can fish for free.

I did the honest thing and turned up at the holiday park to get my permit ( rather than just go on like a lot of people do) and asked for a permit. Imagine my surprise when they said " that will be £25...". Now this is for a permit to fish from the bank. If you want a boat you double the cost - PER ROD

Also, if you want a key to park next to the loch you need to pay a deposit - which i did

Last year the son took over the running of the estate and has whacked £10 onto a day permit.

As I had made the effort to travel I paid the money, grudgingly it has to be said...

So I headed down to the lochs. My main target was to be Loch Beag as it has better pike fishing on the fly . Pulled in to park up where I launch my tube from - " NO FISHING ON LOCH BEAG". Good grief....

Suffice to say I'll not be back

Hamish Young

Re: Alvie estates fishing.....don't bother...
« Reply #1 on: 28/11/2020 at 18:47 »
Well, that's a bit shit  :z10

Eddie Sinclair

Re: Alvie estates fishing.....don't bother...
« Reply #2 on: 28/11/2020 at 21:37 »
H,

Agreed and I guess that numbers fishing will go down. There’s not exactly a huge amount of investment required in maintaining a wild pike fishery so this is an example of pure greed and hopefully people vote with their feet and the current owner generates the revenue stream that they so richly deserve.

Eddie

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com