Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rick Van Camp

Hello,

I have been unable to contact Greys directly regarding my need to obtain information on this older fly rod.  This is a 10 wt XF2 saltwater fly rod.  I am considering this for my teenage son to use for King Salmon in the tributaries of the Great Lakes region.  The rod is new/unused.  Shortly after I was informed of this fly rod I learned some information regarding it that was quite positive.  For this reason I am trying to learn more about it.  Please respond to this thread or contact me via private message as you see fit.

I introduced my son to fly fishing 2.5 years ago and he loves the sport.  I find he is able to cast his medium-fast action fly rods better than his medium actions rods.  I think these results are to be expected.  King Salmon are not of interest to me but I have friends that pursue these every year.  In the recent past they have told me these have exceeded 40 pounds but I suspect this is not common.  I need to ensure the XF2 can protect 3x-4x tippet.

Edit - I was able to contact Hardy last week.  It is now clear why Greys is no longer imported into the US.

https://www.purefishing.com/collections/fenwick-fly-fishing-rods

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com