Fishing The Fly Forum, based in Aberdeenshire,  Scotland

Neil Redman

Barrio line match for Reddington Classic Trout, 7'6'' 3#?
« on: October 30, 2020, 18:05:20 PM »
I am new to the forum and relatively new to upstream dry fly fishing and have recently purchased a Reddington 7'6'' 3# Classic Trout for carrier fishing on local chalk streams. I am considering a 3# DT Mallard line from Mike but would be very grateful for any views on this combination or alternative views/experience/recommendation of a suitable Barrio alternative?  Equally, whether a DT or WF line would be the best option. Very grateful for any feedback.  Thanks.

Hamish Young

Re: Barrio line match for Reddington Classic Trout, 7'6'' 3#?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2020, 07:26:08 AM »
For more compact fishing spots where access is often tighter and it's a benefit to load the rod quickly - but still fish with finesse - then personally I'd look at the Barrio Smallstream over a DT.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience ;)

James Laraway

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2020, 09:26:23 AM »
Small stream...

Neil Redman

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2020, 15:21:49 PM »
Hi Hamish, James, Really grateful for the replies and advice  - thank you. Will go for the Smallstream and have ticked box for notification of when they are back in in stock. Thanks, Neil

Forum moderators : Mike Barrio - Hamish Young - Sandy Nelson

Barrio Fly Lines, designed in Scotland ... Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines - www.flylineshop.com - At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Please click here to read our cookies and privacy information before using our website forum

All content on this website is copyright www.fishingthefly.co.uk