Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

Long, long ago I was persuaded into some Orvis wading boots by a young chap from Durham, some of the longer standing forum members are acquainted with him.

After three seasons my first pair of Orvis wading boots detonated, I don't remember what they were, but all too shortly their days were numbered. It is their replacement that I must now praise and mourn as they have ceased to be, they are no more. 9 seasons ago a pair of  Orvis River Guard Ultralight wading boots with EcoTraX soles and a selection of studs became my new fishing footwear.
In the 9 years I've been using them they have been everywhere I have worn waders, from float tubing to wading in rivers and lochs all over Scotland, some parts of England and even for coastal adventures. Their longevity is testament to the quality of the product, I have always seen wading boots as a two to three season consumable - they were used and abused (OK, I did actually take care of them as best as I could) and I have been rewarded with 8 good years of service.

I knew they were beginning to show signs that their time was up before last season, so bought some boots other than Orvis - as at that time Orvis didn't do them in my size - side-note,  the replacements have amazingly turned out to be too big! Inconveniently (right at the beginning of the day) and despite my previous best repair efforts when they started to come apart, the Orvis boots finally died whilst walking up the banks of the Kyle of Sutherland this week past  :cry

So it's time to say goodbye to my old friends, they served me well and whilst I hate to do it, they're off to the bin.
Mind you, I'm having the studs and laces off them first  :wink

A new pair of Orvis boots are on back-order  :z16

H

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com