Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Terry Coging

One man in a boat?
« on: 12/07/2020 at 09:21 »
The fisheries that allow boats out are mainly restricting them to one angler. Just checked the Assynt AA and it is in one in a boat at present. I can't really see the thinking behind this?
Down here, the Ladybower reservoir are allowing two in a boat. They provide face masks and instruct the front angler to wear one when the motor is in use.
Opinions?

James Laraway

Re: One man in a boat?
« Reply #1 on: 14/07/2020 at 09:09 »
i suspect that its because you will have two people quite close together for a long time.

I think the 'test and trace' rules only get applied if you have been in the company of someone for > 15 mins, otherwise they arent interested as its viewed that the longer you are near someone with the virus the more chance of getting it.

If your going to be out fishing for the day that is a long time to be in close proximity to someone else, so i would suspect that is where the rule is coming from. Although i may be wrong of course !

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 14/07/2020 at 12:04 »
I suspect that its because you will have two people quite close together for a long time.

Sounds sensible enough to me  :z16 ...... although it is outdoors.

I think we just have to accept the decision made by each individual venue. It won't be easy running/managing anything in the current situation.

Terry Coging

« Reply #3 on: 17/07/2020 at 13:09 »
If it is possible to get up there (Assynt region) in Sept I may tale my own 16' boat that allows a 10' between anglers, that should solve the problem. Ledmore Estate and Shin  have let me use it before for a launching fee.
I would rather be in a boat with someone than in and office or factory all day, which is being encouraged.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com