Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Gary Webster

Hello from the highlands
« on: 29/06/2020 at 18:18 »
Hi all

I used to be a member of this forum years ago when I lived in Aberdeen (now in Inverness).  My eldest is just about to turn 7 and trying to get out and about with him fishing (especially now travel restrictions are easing).  Found my way back to this forum through furious internet searches to find good places to take beginners!

Looking forward to becoming re-acquainted with the forum and hope that not now living in Aberdeenshire won't be held against me!

Gary

James Laraway

Re: Hello from the highlands
« Reply #1 on: 29/06/2020 at 18:22 »
Welcome. I made the same move 5 years ago and haven't looked back. Great fishing up here !

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 29/06/2020 at 18:46 »
Great stuff Gary, good to hear from you ............... enjoy :z16

Gary Webster

« Reply #3 on: 30/06/2020 at 07:43 »
James, I see you're in Culloden Moor. I'm trying to find a "local water" to concentrate on that's not too far from home. Enquired about the Nairn (NAA water and an upper beat in private ownership) and also wondered about the Ness but no one got back to me. Both salmon rivers with trout. I've never fished for salmon but thought I could learn my craft on the water! Do you have any thoughts on which would be a better bet?

James Laraway

« Reply #4 on: 30/06/2020 at 09:03 »
James, I see you're in Culloden Moor. I'm trying to find a "local water" to concentrate on that's not too far from home. Enquired about the Nairn (NAA water and an upper beat in private ownership) and also wondered about the Ness but no one got back to me. Both salmon rivers with trout. I've never fished for salmon but thought I could learn my craft on the water! Do you have any thoughts on which would be a better bet?

i'll send you a PM...

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com