Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Dunlichity Trout Fishery
« on: 25/01/2008 at 13:45 »
http://www.dunlichitytroutfishery.co.uk/

hi again my Font's of all knowledge. i am hoping to go fishing this weekend at above but as you can guess i have never been here before either. it is south of Inverness off the A9 and i have attached a link. what info can anyone give me ie: hotspots flies to use anything you think may be useful to me.

take care

seamus

Jim Eddie

Re: Dunlichity Trout Fishery
« Reply #1 on: 25/01/2008 at 19:24 »
Seamus

You are right its off the A9 south of Inverness, passed by the turn off many times but never fished there, lokking at the forcast the A9 migh be a bit dodgy this week-end. I would give them a call before you set off.

:z18

Jim

« Reply #2 on: 25/01/2008 at 21:33 »
Thanks Jedi, i have put it off until Sunday in hope weather improves   :cry
if not the year is young   :z4

seamus

Mike Barrio

« Reply #3 on: 27/01/2008 at 07:11 »
Hi Seamus

Looks like a nice place ........ you'll have to give us some feedback about it, it is always nice to get a few ideas about places to visit in different areas :cool:

Best wishes
Mike

Hamish Young

« Reply #4 on: 27/01/2008 at 08:11 »
Well never new that place exsisted before - somewhere else to try one day perhaps :wink

« Reply #5 on: 28/01/2008 at 08:59 »
Hi Gang, well i made it to the Fishery on Sunday, and it is quite small. a wee lake of an acre and another of about 3 acres. I found it very expensive as it cost me £29 for 6 hours and 3 fish. Needless to say i never got a take all day and i only saw 2 fish being taken whilst i was there both from the larger loch 1 on a white Fitz & the 2nd on a Teal Blue & Silver. The owners are new and very friendly and always ready for a chat, Free Tea & Coffee on all day and a log fire burning. Maybe next time i won't be so quick to ask for 3 fish and just hope for 1. But all in all i had a good day out and the other anglers where all a friendly bunch.

Take Care, until the next time i ask for help.

seamus

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com