Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Euan Innes

Angus Angling sale
« on: 14/05/2020 at 18:43 »
Just a heads up chaps, in this time of fishless darkness, that Angus Angling has a halg price sale on some of its tackle. Just picked up a Loop Evotec G4 reel for half price-ish. Not something I would spend £450 on but as it is now the same as the Vision Tank I was going to buy, I said what the hell.
The rod is a Vision Tool in matt black, the reel is orange so clearly, Orange is the new Black. :X1
Barrio switch line ordered too :z16

Euan

Euan Innes

Re: Angus Angling sale
« Reply #1 on: 17/05/2020 at 19:46 »
My lightweight G4 7-9  in orange and black arrived yesterday which is around a 36hr delivery. I can't speak highly enough of Neil Anderson at AA. A proper gent with a proper shop and I do what I can to support him because if AA goes away then I am screwed for a good shop anywhere near me. That would make me unhappy☹
Loop reels are normally above where my wallet likes to go but that was too good an opportunity to let it go to waste.
Euan

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: 17/05/2020 at 21:35 »
You are right about Neil Euan, first met him about 20 years ago when he managed Kingennie, we used to stay in the lodges when the kids were young.
A proper gent and a first class fishermen, I always drop in if I'm in Forfar.

:z18

Jim

Euan Innes

« Reply #3 on: 17/05/2020 at 23:50 »
Jim,
In the past I have ordered stuff whilst in Florida and he has delivered it personally to my house and ordered a particular set of waders that weren't in stock  and done the same. Not many of those chaps left.
If anyone is going near Forfar after lockdown, please go in and have a browse. Small, good shops like this may not survive the crap we are dealing with unless we keep the faith.
Thanks,

Euan

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com