Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Re: Am I the only one happy with Nicola's decision?
« Reply #45 on: 22/05/2020 at 14:07 »
Roll on the 28th, or whatever date the First Minister announces on the 28th  :z16

She did say that some things might start a few days later  :wink ....... but of course, nobody heard that  :z4

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #46 on: 22/05/2020 at 14:26 »
So Jimmy Crankie has said that there is a five mile limit on travel  for fishing, golf etc. Does she not realise that cyclists have been doing 50 miles plus since lockdown began? Hell I have been doing 12 mile sprints on my bike.
The only fishing that is within 5 miles of me is the North Esk and it is so low that there are no salmon in it. There are some excellent trout that I have been watching on my daily exercise but the chances of being allowed to fish for them are small.  Even if I played golf the nearest course is 6 miles away. My nearest Tesco is 15 miles away and we go twice a week to Montrose. Never saw a soul on the beach yesterday and my dogs had a ball in the sea.
And still the cyclists fill the roads in groups that are clearly not the same family.
A pointless platitude from a pointless MP. Nae impressed.

Euan

Euan,

Fire me a message about fishing the Northie 😉

:z18

Steven.

Charles Moore

« Reply #47 on: 22/05/2020 at 18:02 »
Great news today. Glad to have specifics on what "broadly 5 miles" means. Count down begins...

Alan Davidson

« Reply #48 on: 22/05/2020 at 21:26 »
My judgement is that Huntly is within a  reasonable distance from Aberdeen. : :X2

Euan Innes

« Reply #49 on: 23/05/2020 at 00:03 »
And Brechin...... :X2 :X2 :X2

Euan

Bob Mitchell

« Reply #50 on: 23/05/2020 at 08:49 »
I feel that she is the only one that is sincere in her approach. I will be out when allowed as I have very few seasons left so why waste time.
Bob.

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #51 on: 23/05/2020 at 16:31 »
Well if we do get to go out that will be great. I personally have got a day organised not too far from where I live but in a remote location and have inflated the float tube and got the rest of my stuff ready just in case we get the nod later next week. Here’s hoping we get to go out and tight lines to all if we do. Here’s hoping.

Stay safe,

Eddie  :z18

James Laraway

« Reply #52 on: 25/05/2020 at 09:15 »
if the fishing lockdown is not lifted on Thursday just go anyway. If you get stopped say you were " following the instincts of every fisherman "  :z16

Euan Innes

« Reply #53 on: 25/05/2020 at 11:10 »
Or plead that you were just doing a Dominic Cummings...

Euan

Ali Mcewan

« Reply #54 on: 25/05/2020 at 15:09 »
So Jimmy Crankie has said that there is a five mile limit on travel  for fishing, golf etc. Does she not realise that cyclists have been doing 50 miles plus since lockdown began? Hell I have been doing 12 mile sprints on my bike.
The only fishing that is within 5 miles of me is the North Esk and it is so low that there are no salmon in it. There are some excellent trout that I have been watching on my daily exercise but the chances of being allowed to fish for them are small.  Even if I played golf the nearest course is 6 miles away. My nearest Tesco is 15 miles away and we go twice a week to Montrose. Never saw a soul on the beach yesterday and my dogs had a ball in the sea.
And still the cyclists fill the roads in groups that are clearly not the same family.
A pointless platitude from a pointless MP. Nae impressed.

Euan

Euan, take a look at mikes posts at balmakewan’s Facebook page, heaps of fish running the northie

Euan Innes

« Reply #55 on: 25/05/2020 at 17:24 »
Thanks for that Ali.
The river went up about two feet when it rained on Saturday and then dropped back to about 8".  Stracathro looked ace but had no signs of fish. I guess I know where they are now!

Euan

James Laraway

« Reply #56 on: 28/05/2020 at 10:02 »
thats me ready. Flies tied. Fly boxes sorted.  Casts tied and on spools. New small stream loaded and ready for my new rod.....

just need to choose where to go and what to fish for  :z16

Choices -
pike on fly
syndicate loch for big bows and browns
big wild trout - but small numbers
loads of small trout lochs...

choices,  choices....

Dave Robb

« Reply #57 on: 03/07/2020 at 11:45 »
So the wee ginger dictator has decided to make it mandatory to wear face masks in shops, despite the fact they don’t protect your from the virus unless you wear the top level PPE.

Of which you’re supposed to dispose of after each time worn.

And all of this over 100 days since start of lockdown.

I already laugh at those wearing masks in shops as I often see people lifting them to scratch their nose, or wearing them round their chin leaving mouth and nose exposed  :z4.

As long as it makes them feel a wee bit safer though  :z4

Mike Barrio

« Reply #58 on: 03/07/2020 at 12:04 »
So the wee ginger dictator has decided to make it mandatory to wear face masks in shops, despite the fact they don’t protect your from the virus unless you wear the top level PPE.

Of which you’re supposed to dispose of after each time worn.

And all of this over 100 days since start of lockdown.

I already laugh at those wearing masks in shops as I often see people lifting them to scratch their nose, or wearing them round their chin leaving mouth and nose exposed  :z4.

As long as it makes them feel a wee bit safer though  :z4

Sorry Dave  :z6

We have an unwritten rule on the forum, that we don't do politics etc and do our best to keep discussions about all things fishing.
It's nice to have somewhere to go without whatever the latest media topic is hitting us in the face.
This thread was more about when we would be able to get out fishing again. ( and Steven's legs  :z4 )

I hope that's OK :z16
Best wishes
Mike

Dave Robb

« Reply #59 on: 03/07/2020 at 12:26 »
Apologies, just seemed to fit in with the thread.

I will vent my frustrations elsewhere.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com