Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Eddie Sinclair

Re: Am I the only one happy with Nicola's decision?
« Reply #30 on: 16/05/2020 at 19:20 »
Whether I agree or disagree with the conditions of lockdown is of no consequence whatsoever. It is what it is and I will follow the instructions regardless. However as soon as we get the green light to go for a cast I will be in some remote location with no danger of breaking social distancing rules and be happy as a pig amongst s””t.

Tight lines to all whenever it happens.

Eddie

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #31 on: 16/05/2020 at 19:23 »
this auld yin remembers the Para Handy book that mentioned Granny  farms, he referred to the New (then) old age pension, Chust get a wheen of old folk and your fortune is made. brilliant books and the Film, I still hope to live long enough to se my Grand kids grow a bit, Derek Roxborough

Dave Robb

« Reply #32 on: 18/05/2020 at 13:39 »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52707747

Scottish lockdown could be eased from 28th May with more outdoor activities allowed.

More details coming later this week.

Here’s hoping.

James Laraway

« Reply #33 on: 18/05/2020 at 13:53 »

Scottish lockdown could be eased from 28th May with more outdoor activities allowed.

Here’s hoping.

so to fish a hill loch miles from anywhere and with nobody within miles we need to wait another could of weeks ? Gads....

I can understand why say salmon rivers advertised globally ( on fishpal) need restrictions in place to stop people travelling hundreds of miles for a cast but no reason they cannot open lochs and rivers to local residents immediately.

Basically Sturgeon is setting out a carbon copy of what is being done in England currently - that she was  complaining so bitterly about only last week .....So much for not wanting to score political points... :X1

Duncan McRae

« Reply #34 on: 18/05/2020 at 15:00 »

Here’s hoping.

Something to look forward to if it happens.
The 28th May would suit me fine as the seatrout start to run the Don around that time :z16

Duncan

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #35 on: 18/05/2020 at 18:12 »
Bide yer time ,Derek Roxborough

Jeff Donovan

« Reply #36 on: 19/05/2020 at 01:23 »
I've watched the various responses from the different governments regarding the easing of restrictions to fishing.  England have unlimited travel, Wales are under lockdownn with limited travel & as far as I am aware, Scotland are doing the same. This virus is still out there & will most certainly be for quite some time, unless there's going to be a vaccine we shall always be under the threat of contacting the virus. Good luck to anyone who ventures forth.

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #37 on: 20/05/2020 at 10:56 »
 Whilst I've been out practising and can hit 90' with my left hand, the 28th works fine for me as it would mean I'd have a chance of two working arms for playing fish 😂

:z18

Steven

Charles Moore

« Reply #38 on: 21/05/2020 at 13:33 »
Sounds like, there being no big changes in the next week or so, we will be back out in our local waters come May 28th.

See you there (from a few meters away!)  :z16

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #39 on: 21/05/2020 at 19:28 »
No word for the ones that are shielding, I am nearing week 9 of a 12week lock down, unless I get definite word I will keep in, you lucky People, Derek Roxborough

Euan Innes

« Reply #40 on: 22/05/2020 at 09:33 »
So Jimmy Crankie has said that there is a five mile limit on travel  for fishing, golf etc. Does she not realise that cyclists have been doing 50 miles plus since lockdown began? Hell I have been doing 12 mile sprints on my bike.
The only fishing that is within 5 miles of me is the North Esk and it is so low that there are no salmon in it. There are some excellent trout that I have been watching on my daily exercise but the chances of being allowed to fish for them are small.  Even if I played golf the nearest course is 6 miles away. My nearest Tesco is 15 miles away and we go twice a week to Montrose. Never saw a soul on the beach yesterday and my dogs had a ball in the sea.
And still the cyclists fill the roads in groups that are clearly not the same family.
A pointless platitude from a pointless MP. Nae impressed.

Euan

James Laraway

« Reply #41 on: 22/05/2020 at 09:50 »
So Jimmy Crankie has said that there is a five mile limit on travel  for fishing, golf etc.

So the wording is " Permitted to travel short distances for outdoor leisure and exercise but to stay within a short distance of your local community ( broadly within 5 miles) and travel by walk, wheel and cycle where possible"

For a start the wording is shocking. What is ' by wheel' ? Who knows. Its not a bike as they is mentioned afterwards.

Also, define 'broadly'. I'd like to see the police enforce that for a start.

I will be using my common sense and staying within 30 mins of my home for my fishing .

Plus i'll be fishing lochs were either i dont ever see anyone else or where i can be out on my tube. I'll be using gloves to open gates etc etc to protect me and others

5 miles - what a joke. Like Euan says thousands of cyclists have been out doing hundreds of miles a week now for a couple of months but i'm not allowed to travel safely ( by car) to a loch 6 miles away from my house ?

I think i'll use my common sense as the SG clearly dont have any

Euan Innes

« Reply #42 on: 22/05/2020 at 10:12 »
Well said Sir!

Euan

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #43 on: 22/05/2020 at 12:49 »
 Euan,

She has just announced that there is not a five mile limit but that we should use our own judgement. So as long as there are not huge crowds all going to known beauty spots all should be okay. I am sure that their will not be huge swathes of people heading to where we want to go.  :z16

Eddie  :z18

James Laraway

« Reply #44 on: 22/05/2020 at 13:33 »
Euan,

She has just announced that there is not a five mile limit but that we should use our own judgement. So as long as there are not huge crowds all going to known beauty spots all should be okay. I am sure that their will not be huge swathes of people heading to where we want to go.  :z16

Eddie  :z18

thats good to hear. It appears Nic can U-turn as fast as Boris  :X2

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com