Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Steven Sinclair

As per title what's everyone's thought's?

I'm rather pleased but that may be for slightly different reasons 😅

Fractured elbow and knee... All from tripping in my garage carrying a bloody box.  Rediculously easily done it would seem!

Stay home but as importantly stay safe 👍

:z18

Steven

Mike Barrio

Re: Am I the only one happy with Nicola's decision?
« Reply #1 on: 11/05/2020 at 15:41 »
Ouch, fractures can be really sore ...... look after yourself :z16

Cheers
Mike

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: 11/05/2020 at 17:02 »
Steven
I think so , I want to be out fishing of course, but not if it costs lives.
Nasty fall there, almost did the same in my garage the other day  :X1
 :z18

Jim

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #3 on: 11/05/2020 at 19:37 »
So much for staying safe at home!!!!

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #4 on: 11/05/2020 at 20:38 »
Stevie,

That was an expensive box, cost you an arm and a leg :X2

Eddie

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #5 on: 11/05/2020 at 20:39 »
Not my favourite Politician , but I think she has more Idea than Boris, I will stay at home until it's sorted, Derek Roxborough

James Laraway

« Reply #6 on: 12/05/2020 at 13:47 »
ouchy...

im mostly happy with the Scottish 'stay at home' for a bit  but....

Fishing on hill lochs is much safer than almost any other activity outside of the house so 100 % should be allowed. Most of the fishing on these wild lochs is done by people on their own and miles from anyone else.

Stocked lochs could limit the amount of people allowed on, people could pay via contact-less etc

You could also re-open rivers for salmon fishing safely with a wee bit of common sense.

For example take the Dee.  You could set rules that say only those who stay within 30 mins of the river are allowed to buy tickets and fish it but social distancing must be observed and you are not allowed to use the bothy. 
Fishpal could ask for proof of address and this could be checked at the waterside. If you are found to have driven from the central belt for a cast then a quick call to the police would rectify the situation

On association waters it would be more tricky as they are more prone to overcrowding but that is not beyond the wit of man to solve....

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #7 on: 12/05/2020 at 18:56 »
Stay at home, that's the Message and until that changes I will stay that way,
Derek Roxborough

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #8 on: 13/05/2020 at 11:45 »
Right decision, dubious reasons, far reaching implications.

Dave Robb

« Reply #9 on: 13/05/2020 at 12:12 »
It’s the wrong decision.

As it stands you can cycle as far as you want, queue for as long as you want at the shops amongst groups of people and walk for as long as you want at the water you can’t fish at.

This is what people are doing despite the stay at home message and they are quite entitled to do so because of how messed up the guidelines are.

But we’re deemed a risk by wanting to stand alone, fishing.

I could have been out today and probably not seen a soul.  Instead I’m off to do battle at Tesco,

Terry Coging

« Reply #10 on: 13/05/2020 at 16:42 »
Absolutely agree Dave.  Our mental and physical well being will improve by getting outdoors in isolation. I could have gone fishing today but have to be careful to chose my time and place, as our various fisheries open up. I'm waiting for the big syndicated and club waters to open where there will be a good deal of control.  I went to one of our small club waters yesterday to make sure it was OK for members to use today. Enjoyed doing some maintenance work by myself but I won't be going there now for a while, not until the situation is safer for an old timer. I will just use common sense follow the hygiene guidelines and think of others.  Pleased that my old X Trail started first touch after standing for two months. Only did a 6 mile round trip but felt good to be out again  :z18

Euan Innes

« Reply #11 on: 13/05/2020 at 17:47 »
I am just back from work on 3 boats in Scrabster. It is apperently OK for me to collect a colleague from his house, drive north in the van, meet 30 more people than I have in the last two weeks, work in close proximity to half of them and come home and be back in the workshop tomorrow BUT not go fishing, alone. I am not self isolating after the trip.
Obviously we should not go near the old and sick in nursing homes, nor should we have added more sick people to the homes, but those of us who feel fine about going out in to the world should be encouraged to do so. The UK will be on its knees very soon with a workforce that wants to stay at home. Wrong move.
Other than the high risk areas like London, most of the country is at a very low risk. The death rate is not that much higher than a normal year. There have been worse flu seasons in UK history, with no lock down. In the late 60s America had a  bad case of Hong Kong flu and 100,000 people died, 1,000,000 world wide and nobody locked down. People were incouraged to get it to obtain immunity and yet here we are, panicking in our houses  and being force fed a diet of fear. Piers Morgan is losing the plot and ranting about mass murder, ffs. Celebrities are on promoting lockdown, which is fine if you are loaded and have a huge house and probably a promise of work if the recite the script.
The NHS will go back to being the royal f**k up it was before this germ arrived and I for one will never clap for a bunch of retards that have time to dance on Tik Tok and made my 88yr old mother do physio on a broken leg they didn't find and completely miss the cancer in her lungs, hip and liver.
If you say this line like a Dalek, getting higher each time, you may see what is happening. "Stay home, protect the NHS, save lives".
I have seen more people out walking dogs I didn't know they had, in groups, where I live than ever before. I drive to the woods near the North Esk and walk there, never seeing a soul. I sit and watch fish that I cannot cast for, and contemplate taking the wee rod with me. There have been some great hatches and I have even seen some Daddy Long Legs!
Last night the bar in the hotel in Wick was open to guests and we socially distanced from each other and got royally pished. 8 blokes, smiling, with no wives and pints in hand showing what can be accomplished.
Glen Tanar in a float tube or the Isla, alone with the short rod, cannot come quick enough.

Euan

Derek Roxborough

Re: Am I the only one happy with Nicola's decision? New
« Reply #12 on: 13/05/2020 at 19:02 »
some people seem to be doing a mix and match with both decisions, the main thing , as I see it, is to stay safe and that keeps everybody safe, it only takes one selfish or stupid person to give it to more people. I would like to get fishing but my health is important to me and my family, stay safe and stay at home.
Derek Roxborough

Dave Robb

« Reply #13 on: 13/05/2020 at 20:59 »
According to the report on a Scottish BBC today, 3213 deaths ‘linked’ to Covid 19 with 76% of those deaths being over 75 years old.

91% of those in April had underlying health conditions.

I really can’t help but feel the stats coming from the deaths in care homes are skewing the overall figures.  These care homes were in lockdown before the national lockdown, so really what good has that done?

Sturgeon will follow the English lead soon enough, she just wants to be seen to be making her own decision. 

I agree her message has been clearer though.  It’s an absolute cluster down south.

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #14 on: 13/05/2020 at 21:12 »
you do what you want mate, I will wait, I am not a scientist but my Daughter -in law is, she is actually working on the Vaccine team, and If she says take care then I will listen to her before I listen to you , Derek Roxborough

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com