Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Kerry Jordan

Hi to all and hope you and yours are staying healthy and sane. I was just wondering if any of you had any knowledge of how businesses  connected with our passion are faring? I know many businesses are suffering really badly after a relatively short lockdown; trout and to a lesser extent coarse fishing are quite seasonal and I expect tackle shops are badly hit even with an online presence. Also I  wonder about trout fisheries and their suppliers who presumably have fish to deliver to make room for the next brood.

James Laraway

Re: Covid19 and effect on tackle and fishery businesses
« Reply #1 on: 15/04/2020 at 15:57 »
Sadly i think a lot of businesses will be hit quite badly - even with a lot of help being available from the government.

It was good the government helped the self employed and those with their own businesses, as prior to this they didn't have to - so they have done the right thing.

I think as a lot of people will have less disposable income they will spend less on tackle and 'stuff'. However once things return to normal i think people will then probably overspend and the businesses may make back some of their losses - here is hoping anyway.

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #2 on: 15/04/2020 at 17:37 »
Just Hope that the orient isn't the big winner here, Kipling was right all those years ago , beware the Yellow peril, Derek Roxborough

Bob Mitchell

« Reply #3 on: 17/04/2020 at 09:48 »
Our clubs [3] have had one stocking but not the second and final one. The person that delivers our fish has told us that all the fish farmers have agreed to wait at present and see how things work out. There problem is that they need the earth ponds emptied to make way for new stock. We offered half payment but was thanked but not needed.
Bob.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com