Fishing The Fly Forum, based in Aberdeenshire,  Scotland

Mike Barrio

Re: Barrio Fly Lines Online Shop Update
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2020, 23:58:37 PM »
Hi Neil

The website has been very busy since we reopened, the next batches of all the lines that are out of stock are on order at the factory and should hopefully arrive within 1-4 weeks.

Everything is very slow and unpredictable in the current situation and I simply can't be more precise than this I'm afraid. I will update the website as soon as each one arrives.

Best wishes
Mike
www.flylineshop.com   At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Neil Johnston

« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2020, 10:17:33 AM »
Thanks for update Mike,

Looks like it will have to be plan B for fishing early July, although it might be C, D or E as my existing lines are not Barrio ones, and probably too heavy or long in the head for new shorter, lighter lined rod. I'll just decide on one, get used to it and not spoil my day faffing about swapping lines on new rod and annoying my companions!

I still hold out some hope for plan A though!

Mike Barrio

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2020, 11:54:31 AM »
Update: 20/08/2020

Our current status remains very much the same I'm afraid.

The website has been very busy since we reopened, the next batches of all the lines that are out of stock are on order at the factory and should hopefully arrive within 1-4 weeks. We are receiving weekly stock orders, but these have been much smaller than usual. and they are selling out quickly.

Everything is very slow and unpredictable in the current situation and we can't be more precise about product availability.

Thanks for the numerous requests, but we cannot reserve lines I'm afraid, as it would simply be too complicated in the current situation.

We have recently added a 'Back in stock' email notification system to the webshop, this is the fastest way to let you know when new stock of each individual product arrives.

As always, our website will only allow you to order products that are in stock and ready to ship.

Our local Royal Mail depot continues to have restricted business days and hours. We are therefore only able to ship parcels a few times a week.

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Mike Barrio

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2020, 12:40:04 PM »
Thanks for all your orders throughout this difficult and frustrating year! :z16

Our current status remains the same. Manufacturing in the UK continues to be very slow and unpredictable in the Coronavirus situation.

We are receiving weekly stock orders, but these have been smaller than usual and they are selling out extremely quickly.

We added the 'Back in stock email notification system' to the online shop to let you know when new stock of each individual product arrives, but this instant communication has almost compounded the problem, as new stock has been selling out within a few hours!

Everybody at the factory is doing all that they can to increase production, but demand has simply been much higher than our manufacturing capabilities in the current situation.

Our local Royal Mail depot continues to have restricted business days and hours and we have therefore only been able to ship parcels a few times a week, but all parcels are arriving safely and within a reasonable time frame.

I hope your family and friends are safe and well.

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Forum moderators : Mike Barrio - Hamish Young - Sandy Nelson

Barrio Fly Lines, designed in Scotland ... Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines - www.flylineshop.com - At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Please click here to read our cookies and privacy information before using our website forum

All content on this website is copyright www.fishingthefly.co.uk