Fishing The Fly Forum

Mike Barrio

Re: Barrio Fly Lines Online Shop Update
« Reply #30 on: 25/06/2020 at 23:58 »
Hi Neil

The website has been very busy since we reopened, the next batches of all the lines that are out of stock are on order at the factory and should hopefully arrive within 1-4 weeks.

Everything is very slow and unpredictable in the current situation and I simply can't be more precise than this I'm afraid. I will update the website as soon as each one arrives.

Best wishes
Mike

Neil Johnston

« Reply #31 on: 26/06/2020 at 10:17 »
Thanks for update Mike,

Looks like it will have to be plan B for fishing early July, although it might be C, D or E as my existing lines are not Barrio ones, and probably too heavy or long in the head for new shorter, lighter lined rod. I'll just decide on one, get used to it and not spoil my day faffing about swapping lines on new rod and annoying my companions!

I still hold out some hope for plan A though!

Mike Barrio

« Reply #32 on: 20/08/2020 at 11:54 »
Update: 20/08/2020

Our current status remains very much the same I'm afraid.

The website has been very busy since we reopened, the next batches of all the lines that are out of stock are on order at the factory and should hopefully arrive within 1-4 weeks. We are receiving weekly stock orders, but these have been much smaller than usual. and they are selling out quickly.

Everything is very slow and unpredictable in the current situation and we can't be more precise about product availability.

Thanks for the numerous requests, but we cannot reserve lines I'm afraid, as it would simply be too complicated in the current situation.

We have recently added a 'Back in stock' email notification system to the webshop, this is the fastest way to let you know when new stock of each individual product arrives.

As always, our website will only allow you to order products that are in stock and ready to ship.

Our local Royal Mail depot continues to have restricted business days and hours. We are therefore only able to ship parcels a few times a week.

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Mike Barrio

« Reply #33 on: 14/10/2020 at 12:40 »
Thanks for all your orders throughout this difficult and frustrating year! :z16

Our current status remains the same. Manufacturing in the UK continues to be very slow and unpredictable in the Coronavirus situation.

We are receiving weekly stock orders, but these have been smaller than usual and they are selling out extremely quickly.

We added the 'Back in stock email notification system' to the online shop to let you know when new stock of each individual product arrives, but this instant communication has almost compounded the problem, as new stock has been selling out within a few hours!

Everybody at the factory is doing all that they can to increase production, but demand has simply been much higher than our manufacturing capabilities in the current situation.

Our local Royal Mail depot continues to have restricted business days and hours and we have therefore only been able to ship parcels a few times a week, but all parcels are arriving safely and within a reasonable time frame.

I hope your family and friends are safe and well.

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Mike Barrio

« Reply #34 on: 02/01/2021 at 16:58 »
Thank you for your continued support during a year best forgotten. Hopefully 2021 will be better!

We are continuing to receive regular stock deliveries, but these have been smaller than usual and they are selling out extremely quickly.

We are unable to reserve stock or offer timeframes for individual product availability. The 'Back in stock' email notification system in the online shop is our best way of letting you know when new stock of each product arrives.

During December Royal Mail deliveries have been erratic due to the busy Christmas period and coronavirus. Please be patient if your parcel is taking longer than usual.

Best wishes
Mike Barrio

Mike Barrio

« Reply #35 on: 15/02/2021 at 11:00 »
I am unable to offer timeframes for individual product availability I'm afraid, as manufacturing in the UK continues to be slow and unpredictable in the Coronavirus pandemic.

Everybody at the factory is doing all that they can to increase production, but demand has simply been much higher than our manufacturing capabilities in the current situation.

We are receiving regular stock deliveries, but these are selling out extremely quickly.

Please select the line that you would like in the webshop and use the 'Notify Me' button to receive an instant back in stock email notification when each product arrives.

As always, our website will only allow you to order products that are in stock and ready to ship.

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #36 on: 04/05/2021 at 13:47 »
Update 04/05/2021:

The last 12 months have been extremely challenging for a small business, dealing with slow and unpredictable manufacturing throughout the Coronavirus pandemic, and additionally, trying to keep on top of how best to supply our customers in Europe.

We thought that the situation would have improved by now and that our shelves would be full again, but the challenges have recently become greater.

There are three fly line manufacturers, or factories, in the UK:
One, whose primary business is to produce fly lines for their own brand.
A second, which closed its operations and ceased trading recently.
The third, our usual supplier, is currently closed due to unexpected circumstances, but hopes to get back to work reasonably soon.

All of which means that most fly line brands that have their fly lines manufactured in the UK are currently without a supplier.

What is the current situation at Barrio Fly Lines?

Our fly line shelves are almost empty, but we should hopefully be receiving a batch of GT90 and Mallard #3, #4 and #5 lines towards the end of this week, if not next week.

We will always endeavour to support UK manufacturing wherever possible and will continue to source and receive products from our usual supplier as soon as they are able to get back to work.

We discussed the possibility of producing some of our products with a fly line manufacturer based in the USA last year. We have placed an order with this manufacturer, and this is scheduled to go on their machines as soon as they can catch up with their current backlog of orders caused by the pandemic. Realistically, this is probably about 3 to 4 months away.

Thank you for your support and patience!

Mike Barrio

Jeff Donovan

« Reply #37 on: 06/05/2021 at 23:48 »
Apologies Mike,
 I took the liberty of copying & pasting your last 2 posts on another website forum where members  had concerns, regarding the availability of your lines available for distribution, hopefully, this has clarified some of their inquisitiveness.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #38 on: 07/05/2021 at 01:12 »
Thanks Jeff, much appreciated :z16

I have got a stock availability update link at the top of the shop page, but it is maybe not clear enough.

Best wishes
Mike

Kent Bergstrom

« Reply #39 on: 14/05/2021 at 14:16 »
We can only pray that your usual supplier get their business together as soon as possible, I am in need of a couple of Small Stream #3 lines.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #40 on: 16/05/2021 at 10:06 »
Thanks Kent  :z16