« Reply #15 on: 22/05/2020 at 12:22 »
Thanks for the confirmation Euan ...... Well done the Postie :z16

I hope you enjoy your line.

Best wishes
Mike

Eddie Sinclair

Re: Barrio Fly Lines Online Shop Update
« Reply #16 on: 22/05/2020 at 12:53 »
Mike my lines arrived today, many thanks and to concur with Euan, roll on the 28th. I still have a couple of predator lines to order so hopefully your stock will arrive soon.

Eddie :z18

Mike Barrio

« Reply #17 on: 22/05/2020 at 14:02 »
Thanks for the confirmation Eddie ...... Well done the Postie :z16

Roll on the 28th  :z12

Best wishes
Mike

Brian Gilloway

« Reply #18 on: 26/05/2020 at 13:02 »
Line arrived 3 days after order great service will be giving it a thrash on Friday hopefully

Mike Barrio

« Reply #19 on: 26/05/2020 at 13:13 »
Thanks for the confirmation Brian  :z16

Enjoy :z12

Best wishes
Mike

Mike Barrio

« Reply #20 on: 03/06/2020 at 17:42 »
As a further update:

Our local Royal Mail depot continues to have restricted business days and hours and we are currently shipping our parcels on Mondays and Thursdays between 7am and 9am.

Best wishes
Mike

Ritchie Campbell

« Reply #21 on: 05/06/2020 at 16:10 »
Hi, any idea when the intermediate 10/11 ISS line will be back in stock.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #22 on: 05/06/2020 at 20:17 »
Hi Ritchie

Thanks for your message.

Within about 1-6 weeks for the intermediate ISS Spey lines, I can't be more precise than that at the moment I'm afraid.

Best wishes
Mike

Tim Lukins

« Reply #23 on: 06/06/2020 at 21:16 »
Mike - just to say the reel and new #4 Smallstream line arrived this week, thanks for dispatching so promptly as ever.

My first foray with them into the lockdown limited 5 mile-ish range has meant a trip on the local Water of Leith for the first time in years. A fair few number of these feisty wee guys rising to olive duns was the reward.

Given how much fun I had, it makes up for (some of) the time I'm missing on the Deveron and trips to Assynt this year.

All the best,

Tim

Mike Barrio

« Reply #24 on: 06/06/2020 at 21:30 »
Great stuff Tim ...... enjoy :z16

Best wishes
Mike

Euan Innes

« Reply #25 on: 19/06/2020 at 21:13 »
Just a wee update on the switch line Mike.
I fished Waterside and Ferrar at Glen Tanar on the Dee two weeks ago and could not get the leader to turn over properly at all. Put on an intermediate tip and that helped get two poke of all things.
Fished Balmakewan on the North Eak yesterday and had the same problem but the water was low, very low, so could not use the tip. Around tea time I changed out the Rio 15' 15lb point salmon leader for a Guideline 23lb point mono leader and found the problem. After that everything just worked. Single spey, snap T, double spey wrong shoulder, snake roll all just worked. The line/ rod combo just came alive. I thought that I had bought the wrong line weight but no, I hadn't.
As far as I can see the line tip, #5, is about the same diameter as the leader and the energy transfer is perfect. All the polyleader was doing was kicking the leader over, but still having it land like a bag of shite.
My Vision Tool #5 is just great for small rivers but judging by the amount of line that was going out, any river is fine. Not impressed with the Rio leaders. I know the Guideline leaders are heavy at 23lb but a tipped of 12lb Maxima Ultragreen flipped over doubles, Sunrays and hitch tubes. The touchdown of the doubles in the last run of the night resulted in a 2lb sea trout, which might not seem a lot, but with the conditions was a big relief.
Cracking line Mike and all I was hoping for. Cheers,

Euan

Mike Barrio

« Reply #26 on: 19/06/2020 at 21:48 »
Great stuff Euan, really pleased that you found a set up that suited you  :z16

Cheers
Mike

Euan Innes

« Reply #27 on: 19/06/2020 at 23:07 »
Mile,
I even pulled the Rios through leather before use but they just didn't turn over or anchor. The Guidelines fell out of the packet loose. My anchor became consistant and accuracy of my casts became predictable.
Easily the best set up for salmon that I have owned. Might not cross the Ness or the Spey but fishing casts, not casting casts, are the dogs danglies.
Thanks again,
Euan

Mike Barrio

« Reply #28 on: 19/06/2020 at 23:23 »
Excellent Euan ..... fingers crossed for a few more Sea Trout  :z12

Neil Johnston

« Reply #29 on: 25/06/2020 at 23:11 »
I bet it must be tedious getting asked this type of question - but any idea when an ISS Spey 8/9 floating line might be available?
I got a new rod last year, still needing the line to go with it!