Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Sandy Nelson

Re: Summer building
« Reply #45 on: 25/05/2020 at 09:21 »
Finished the Black Glass 7’3wt Livingston.
This is the perfect small stream rod. Roll casting, bows and arrows, tight quarters it’s perfect. When you do get space it can cast really well up to 50’ and you would never be doing that on a small burn. It makes every fish feel like a cracker. A great way to have a lot of fun away from everyone else.

Super clean Flor grade taper grip, etched downsliding seat with olive wood insert, apricot wraps over smoked snakes to match the wood and a lovely smooth coffee agate from Joe Arguello. Alignments dots too. I’ve got a tweed bag from Sandra and a glass fiber tube for it to live in.

If it’s of interest drop me a PM

Sandy

James Laraway

« Reply #46 on: 25/05/2020 at 10:04 »
the spiral wrap on the blank reminds me of my first proper pike rod from Dawia. I forget its name but im sure it was a 'magnesium' wrap ?!?!?

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #47 on: 25/05/2020 at 10:27 »
James

That is unground, unvarnished black S glass. As light and as strong as you can make it. The glass fiber cloth itself is black so no paint.  What you see is how it is when the tape is removed.
It has a lovely texture but is very difficult to photograph.
The black glass has an amazing look when the light hits it, but I haven’t worked out how to capture the effect in pictures yet, this come close.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #48 on: 25/05/2020 at 10:40 »
That looks great Sandy  :z16

Euan Innes

« Reply #49 on: 25/05/2020 at 12:26 »
Jeez Sandy, that is just lovely  :z14 :z14 :z14
For anyone that doesn't have a glass 7' #3 in their life, you just need one.

Euan

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com