Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Steven Sinclair

My mates cool new toy 😎
« on: 21/03/2020 at 06:54 »
 Whilst round at a mates for tea last night another pal happened to drop in by and had just acquired a laser cutter so we could help but try it out on some fishing stuff that was laying around  :z4

First up was the back of a  let's just say very much used and abused old original Barrio wooden fly box SORRY MIKE! I'm let's just say a tad heavy going on my gear 😂  whilst the sizing for the lettering is too small for it to fully capture my full name the detail on the fish itself is seriously cool!

Then Lee (he's on here) decided that a Cork handle would be the next victim and whilst I won't be doing it to any of my rods anytime soon, I must admit that it came out incredibly well and is certainly different!

We now have umpteen different things that we want to try with it but if anyone has any suggestions please fire away 👍

:z18

Steven.

Mike Barrio

Re: My mates cool new toy 😎
« Reply #1 on: 21/03/2020 at 11:31 »
"Used and abused" ..... sounds good to me, that's what they're for :z16

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #2 on: 21/03/2020 at 17:19 »
Steven,

Did you do the trout yourself?

Eddie

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #3 on: 21/03/2020 at 22:41 »
Steven,

Did you do the trout yourself?

Eddie

Murray found the image online then did whatever magic was required and out it came like that 👏

:z18

Steven

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #4 on: 21/03/2020 at 22:50 »
I had a funny feeling that Murray would be involved, however it does look very cool and very reminiscent of the Derek Deyoung fish images done for Abel reels.

Eddie

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com