Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

We will be holding a Perch Fishing day at Pitfour on the 19th of November in aid of children in need.
Fishing will be from either boat or bank on the main lake or from the bank on the back water.
All ticket money and 20% of bait / tackle sales on the day will be donated to Children in Need.

please not that there will be no trout fishing available on this day.

For full details contact andrew on 07849113435

Rob Brownfield

Charity Perch Day in aid of Children in Need 19th november
« Reply #1 on: 23/10/2006 at 08:06 »
Andrew,
Count me in big time!! Its a weekend I do not have my daughters...yipppeee..

Will there be any restrictions on what can be used in the way of bait and methods?

Regards,
Rob

« Reply #2 on: 23/10/2006 at 20:19 »
hi rob
no restrictions on bait or method, only restrictions will be that only barbless hooks are used and that any trout that are caught are to be returned alive, we will hopefully be moving the perch caught in the main loch and unstocked part of the backwater in to the coarse area of the backwater.

Do you want me to book you a boat?

Andrew

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 25/10/2006 at 22:14 »
:lol:  Have fun - a novel way to shift the wee blighters :wink:

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 26/10/2006 at 13:28 »
Yes please..BUT...I was rushed into hospital on Monday night with a partial collapsed lung...so I may have to find an able bodied "rower" to help me.

Will try to call you over the weekend to discuss.

Rob

Jim Eddie

Childre in Need
« Reply #5 on: 09/11/2006 at 21:11 »
Andrew

What are the prices on the day ? Does it include the boat ?

Cheers

Jim

« Reply #6 on: 10/11/2006 at 22:44 »
10 pound per person including boat

Jim Eddie

Children in Need
« Reply #7 on: 19/11/2006 at 21:18 »
Well , it was brass monkeys. There was quite a lot of ice on the water. The Perch would not play ball, Rob would not pass on any tips  :grin:

I enjoyed the experience though, The last time I fished a worm was 1969 on the South Esk , so it took me back to my youth  :z4  Did manage 1 bonny rainbow. Forgot what a bonnie place Pitfour is.

:z18

Jim

« Reply #8 on: 19/11/2006 at 21:52 »
Hi
It was a bit on the cold side today.(we did think of changing to ice hole fishig) The 15 people who braved the icy weather today contributed £164 to Children In Need. Shame no one managed to catch a perch though (they were obviously hidding under the ice) But there were a few trout caught and returned after being treated to ground baits, worms and maggotts, All in all everyone had a good day and we will organise another perch day for when the weather is better say April.

Andrew

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #9 on: 21/11/2006 at 14:30 »
Jedi...I did pass on a tip...stay on the bank, its too cold to fish!!.. :wink:

Andrew and Russ,
Thanks for allowing us onto the water for the Perch. It really was appreciated by us, and as for the soup..well...what can I say. Certainly warmed me up. Thank you.

Perch tend to stop feeding at about 4 degrees centigrade, and since the water was just above 3, its hardly suprising that we struggled. In the morning I threw everything at them, but only had one follow first cast of the day. It looked like a perch of about 3 pounds but engulfed and spat the lure out before I could react in the cold! Got a lovely flash as it rolled away at the boat side.

In the afternoon I found the seat bt the stove..and that was that!!

jock

« Reply #10 on: 24/11/2006 at 08:23 »
thanks for the days fishing andrewlike you say shame there was not any perch caught but maybe next time,all in all an enjoyable day if rob stopped moaning about the cold :z4  still not used to scottish weather mate

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #11 on: 24/11/2006 at 10:10 »
Hang on...is that you Adrian?

lol

jock

« Reply #12 on: 24/11/2006 at 10:11 »
still got brain freeze from sunday mate :lol:

« Reply #13 on: 24/11/2006 at 14:33 »
HI Jock
Glad you had a good days fishing despite not catching any perch. will be planning another day for the new year once the cold wether is past.

Andrew

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com