Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Derek Roxborough

self isolation,
« on: 15/03/2020 at 15:59 »
Latest Government report, what will that do to the 70yr old anglers? :z8 Derek Roxborough.

Sandy Nelson

Re: self isolation,
« Reply #1 on: 15/03/2020 at 16:01 »
Surely less likely to meet other humans down by the water. Sounds like the place to be :z16

Dave Robb

« Reply #2 on: 15/03/2020 at 17:57 »
Just shout and shake your fist at anyone encroaching on your stretch of water.

Tell them you are over 70 and need to be isolated.

Terry Coging

« Reply #3 on: 15/03/2020 at 22:03 »
Hey Derek, as Octogenarian's 'we are doomed', 'we are doomed'. We should be given free access to the best beats out there! The canny owners will appear very generous in the knowledge  that 'we are doomed' so a nice cost free gesture...... :X2

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #4 on: 15/03/2020 at 22:35 »
who will have the right of way? age or infection? Derek Roxborough

Terry Coging

« Reply #5 on: 16/03/2020 at 07:20 »
Well it's a nice fine day down here and I'm opening the season in a boat on Carsington . Must cast a line before we shut down.

James Laraway

« Reply #6 on: 16/03/2020 at 14:49 »
to be honest, we are lucky in Scotland, especially in the Highlands and Islands

There is lots of space, lots of water and not a lot of people - which means we can happily enjoy our sport without much likelihood of bumping into too many people and potentially catching anything nasty.

So keep calm and keep casting  :z16

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #7 on: 16/03/2020 at 16:50 »
This all sounds great. However I am trying to leave Brunei to move home which has just banned travel out of the country to all Bruneian citizens and foreigners with permanent residence like myself. I have cancelled my visa today and was planning to travel home via Kuala Lumpur and now Malaysia is on lock down from Wednesday. I am hoping to get out of here tomorrow or god knows when I will get back.😡.

Eddie

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #8 on: 19/03/2020 at 12:21 »
So did you manage to escape Eddie?

Mike Barrio

« Reply #9 on: 19/03/2020 at 12:31 »
Yeah ...... I was wondering that Eddie?

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #10 on: 19/03/2020 at 14:12 »
Just managed to get out. On Tuesday I had to go to immigration and cancel my resident visa then close three bank accounts and managed to get the last seat on a BA flight from Singapore Si I got home yesterday morning so I am looking forward to some self isolation with waders on for added protection.

Thanks for asking. I am sure there are lots of open isolated spaces to wander around in.

Eddie

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #11 on: 19/03/2020 at 14:57 »
Good stuff :z16 :z16

Welcome home  :z18

Mike Barrio

« Reply #12 on: 19/03/2020 at 15:42 »
Welcome home  :z16

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #13 on: 19/03/2020 at 15:55 »
to be honest, we are lucky in Scotland, especially in the Highlands and Islands

There is lots of space, lots of water and not a lot of people - which means we can happily enjoy our sport without much likelihood of bumping into too many people and potentially catching anything nasty.
having lived here for over 50yrs I don't think the apparent  isolation
is any protection, in the old days the first visitors each year brought the current bug of the season, they are around just now on the North Bloody 500,Derek Roxborough
So keep calm and keep casti ng  :z16

Terry Coging

« Reply #14 on: 19/03/2020 at 18:42 »
Maybe us that don't live in cities or large towns are the lucky ones.  There is no way that we can be locked in completely like those unfortunates.   

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com