Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Sandy Nelson

Pre season Epic Sale
« on: 10/03/2020 at 08:06 »
Over the last few weeks I’ve been building some rods to keep myself out of trouble while I impatiently wait for the 15th. As such I now have 4 Epics finished and ready to go. So as a wee pre season special I’m going to offer them at a discount to anyone who fancies one. They are built to my highest specs and will come with either tweed or Epic rod bags and an epic fiberglass tube to suit.
They are all priced at £375 including UK special delivery  (Elsewhere I would have to get a price for) if you want to make me an offer or buy one of these to add some extra fun to your fishing this year, please PM me or use my email address from my rod building page.
troutbumnelson@gmail.com

First up an Olive 476, this is a 4 pc  7’6” 4wt . The same as my goto dryfly rod  on the river.
This one has a flor grade classic bullet style grip with a select buckeye burl downsliding solid nickel silver reel seat. It has a lovely light amber banded agate and snakebrand ecolite guides. It’s whipped in jade silk for a little definition and tipped with 3 bands of rust/orange and gold to match the reel seat  and agate.
SOLD

The next one is a Salsa 476. Same size and configuration as the olive. This time it got a flor grade tapered grip and highly figured Curly Koa downsliding blued solid nickel reel seat.  A coffee agate with smoked nickel snakebrand lite guides. It was whipped in gold for a subtle definition and to match the ring feet to the highlights in the wood. The ferrule tipping bands are cinnamon and brown to match the coffee and Koa. SOLD

Thirdly this one is a 370, which is a 4pc 7’ 3wt. This is one of the most popular of the Epics and is Olive Green.  It has a snub nose style flor grade cork grip with a dyed  maple downsliding blued nickel silver reel seat. It has a coffee agate with smoked snakebrand lite guides. This one is whipped in yellow to turn the smoked ring feet green like the blank and has rust and cinnamon tipping to match the reel seat wood.  SOLD

Finally there is a Nude 580, this is the 4pc 8’  5wt all rounder, same as the salsa one that appears in many of my photos.
This one  has a slim snub nose flor grade grip with an uplocking Lemke LC7U  smoked nickel reel seat with a dyed maple insert. It has a bright cheerful amber agate with snakebrand eco lite guides. It is whipped in light olive for a natural feel and has bright rust/apricot and yellow highlights which make her fun.
SOLD

These are all Brand New unused  rods and are all ready to ship.  I’m open to sensible offers so just PM me or email as mentioned before. If you fancy getting yourself a Bargain Epic for the new season.

Thanks for looking

Sandy

Mike Barrio

Re: Pre season Epic Sale
« Reply #1 on: 10/03/2020 at 09:35 »
Cracking builds Sandy ...... so tempting  :z12

Iain Stewart

« Reply #2 on: 10/03/2020 at 09:52 »
All stunning and very tempting.... not sure I can sneak four rods into the garage.....  :X2 :X2 :X2 :X2. At some point soon an Epic will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine.....  :z4

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #3 on: 10/03/2020 at 13:44 »
Sandy,

If only there was a 686.

:X2

Eddie

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #4 on: 10/03/2020 at 14:01 »
Looking for a saltwater Cannon, Eddie?
Would have to go on the list for the winter, ive no 686 Blanks i'm afraid.

cheers

Sandy

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #5 on: 10/03/2020 at 15:16 »
I am sure I can wait.

Heading home for good in three weeks and I have enough toys to keep me going through the trout season ahead.

We can catch up after the season finishes.

Tight lines for 2020.

Eddie

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #6 on: 10/03/2020 at 15:24 »
hopefully we catch up for a fish during the season :z16

Dave Robb

« Reply #7 on: 10/03/2020 at 16:25 »
A most excellent price for excellent rods. 

Often get people asking what it is when they see my olive 580.  Alas I’ve already bought  a (heavily discounted) Guideline Fario and trying to keep it to one rod per year.  Not easy when these beauties are being offered up, let alone some crazy discounts going on at Loop.

Love the salsa 476 though.  Someone is going to be happy.

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #8 on: 14/03/2020 at 10:20 »
I forgot to mention that both 476’s and the 580 have an experiment where a magnet has been installed inside the butt cap. The idea being it can hold a fly while you change tippets in the river without sticking it in the cork or having a barbless hook fall out of a fly patch. And if you drop a fly on the bank it’s strong enough to help you find it. I got the idea from Chris Barclay and it seems to work really well. It is able to hold a double tungsten nymph while the rod is shaken about, so no fears of the fly falling off.

Iain Stewart

« Reply #9 on: 17/03/2020 at 08:43 »
I forgot to mention that both 476’s and the 580 have an experiment where a magnet has been installed inside the butt cap. The idea being it can hold a fly while you change tippets in the river without sticking it in the cork or having a barbless hook fall out of a fly patch. And if you drop a fly on the bank it’s strong enough to help you find it. I got the idea from Chris Barclay and it seems to work really well. It is able to hold a double tungsten nymph while the rod is shaken about, so no fears of the fly falling off.

That is genius Sandy. Love that idea.

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #10 on: 21/03/2020 at 21:02 »
All the rods are now SOLD thank you all for looking
Much appreciated  :z18

I do have a Nude 580 and Olive 476 blank in stock, if anyone missed out, just give me a shout :z16

Best wishes

Sandy

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com