Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Rob Brownfield

ADAA Balbithen beat at Kintore
« on: 09/03/2020 at 09:28 »
Now, forgive me if I have been asleep, but when did the ADAA lose the Kintore beat?

I went for a walk on Sunday only to find out it is all Kintore Angling Association. Checked my rule book, and sure enough, it's not in there.

James Laraway

Re: ADAA Balbithen beat at Kintore
« Reply #1 on: 09/03/2020 at 09:52 »
I think that was ages ago....

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #2 on: 09/03/2020 at 10:26 »
I fished it last year.

I had asked the ADAA about why Kintore had the beat on their website to be told they only had the trout fishing and that the ADAA had the salmon and trout fishing.

Duncan McRae

« Reply #3 on: 09/03/2020 at 13:59 »
Last season i believe that Kintore angling club would have had both the Salmon and trout fishing at Balbithan.

This season they have added the former Aberdeenshire council beat to their fishings.
That's some stretch of water they have now.A real bargain in my opinion, at £145 for a season ticket.

Duncan

Dave Robb

« Reply #4 on: 09/03/2020 at 22:48 »
Yes, this will be the first season without it.  The ADAA have also lost the Belmuir fishing’s on the Ythan.  We’ve also just been told we can’t use the boats at the Parkhill fishery anymore and 2 of the jetty’s are out of action for the foreseeing future.

Not sure what’s going on  :z8

Have to say I’ve been swithering over seeing about joining Kintore.  I like it out there and as mentioned, it’s a lot of water for not much money.

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #5 on: 10/03/2020 at 13:04 »
I had not realised we had lost Kintore, I think I would have hesitated on my ticket, especially as we have lost two bits of water and the price went up. Whilst I appreciate they have added the Mill Pond, I am more interested in the river trout.

It only really leaves Kemnay and a couple of spots lower down. Looks like I may have to join Alford, Huntly, Kintore or Kemnay clubs next year.

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #6 on: 10/03/2020 at 14:21 »
Or Inverurie Rob  :wink
Ardmurdo and Keithall along with the Burgh gives you from Manar to Kintore, as well as the Ury :z16
Plus several exchange tickets come with the IAA membership, for Alford and Manar and others which are obviously very limited but are available for members. :z16

Sandy

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #7 on: 30/04/2020 at 15:21 »
Or Inverurie Rob  :wink

Forgot that one. I was a member a good few years ago but never really got to grips with the water. Inverurie is a good 40 minutes from me and involves me driving past the Subaru garage.

It's already cost me an STi and an Outback in the last 2 years  :X1 :X2 :z4 :z4

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #8 on: 30/04/2020 at 23:22 »

It's already cost me an STi  in the last 2 years  :X1 :X2 :z4 :z4

Responsible social distancing sounds applicable here  :X2

:z18

Steven.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com