Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

What's Your Fishing Wagon 2020?
« on: 28/02/2020 at 16:26 »
What's gonna be your fishing wagon for 2020?

Must confess that I'm not ready to go electric yet, but I've moved from the diesel Land Rover down to the wee 3 cyl petrol engined Cactus ..... which I think will keep my conscience happy for the moment as a step in the right direction and it's fun to drive  :z12

But I've still got a yearning for a 110 Series lll Land Rover with a V8  :z4 

Hamish Young

Re: What's Your Fishing Wagon 2020?
« Reply #1 on: 28/02/2020 at 16:32 »
Unexpectedly, my fishing wagon (well day to day transport really) is about to change from a Skoda Yeti to something that is not a Skoda Yeti  :shock
I had no plans to change the Yeti which is a brilliant car, but I'm getting into something Swedish again  :wink
Pictures once I've collected it this coming weekend.......

H

Mike Barrio

« Reply #2 on: 28/02/2020 at 16:47 »
I always fancied a Yeti ..... but something Swedish does sound tantalizing  :z13

Duncan McRae

« Reply #3 on: 28/02/2020 at 19:47 »
I've had a Yeti for a couple of years now and really can't fault it for the fishing.
A real shame that Skoda have stopped making them.

Duncan

Euan Innes

« Reply #4 on: 29/02/2020 at 00:13 »
F**K you Greta!
Still in the planet killing DIESEL Panda 4x4, that HUGE SUV that wears out roads and choke schools to death!!!
Oh, wait a minute, £30 a year in road tax and a small CO2 output, goes anywhere and takes up no room on the road.
F**K you Greta.

Euan
PS Epic rods fit nicely in the small boot  :z16

Terry Coging

« Reply #5 on: 29/02/2020 at 08:11 »
Fighting my conscience at the mo. My fishing wagon is a thirsty old 2.5 petrol X Trail. It's my second one. The first one was left in France and used as a chicken coup. The X Trail is surprisingly capable off road. I need a roomy off roader to do my club job leading the working parties.  Three weeks ago two of our members new Discos got stuck trying to follow me across a mud field - their gismo laden vehicles were no match for the basic X trail.  I've lost a lot of money having posh new cars - cars that I dare not scratch and that I could not abuse with muddy waders and wet gear.  Hence the old X Trails bought for two grand.  I am hankering about another pick up truck - love pick ups.

Mike Barrio

« Reply #6 on: 29/02/2020 at 09:59 »
I ran a Mitsubishi L200 pick up for a while in the 90s Terry ...... loved it  :z16

Bob Mitchell

« Reply #7 on: 29/02/2020 at 16:39 »
Mine at present is a KIA Sportage which I have winter tyres on. Keep them on all year.
My favourite  was my Citroen Dispatch van. Although I used it for work had it all rigged out with seats/stove/rod rack and could still stretch out in my sleeping bag. Would go most places and come the snow I got some pleasure going to the fishing looking at all the fancy mercs/B,M.W.  and others stuck.
Bob.

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #8 on: 29/02/2020 at 22:28 »

If you think a petrol X trail is bad in fuel you should try using this for fishing.

Makes my other wagon seem free to run.

Edfie

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #9 on: 29/02/2020 at 22:33 »
I once took the old landy to Durness to fish the limestone lochs. Took forever to get there and back and cost a small fortune in fuel but I loved every minute of it and I can sleep in the back and get anywhere. Proper fishing wagon, 36 years young and still going strong,

Eddie

Mike Barrio

« Reply #10 on: 01/03/2020 at 00:16 »
Is she petrol or diesel Eddie? ..... We all know they are not really practical, but they get under your skin  :z12

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #11 on: 01/03/2020 at 06:06 »
Is it not a recognised mental disorder , "land rover"  :z8

I'm back to a Skoda after a foray into the world of Subaru, very happy to be back on petrol , it smells so much better at the pumps.
Loving this Skoda better than anything i've had before :z16 it even shuts down 2 cylinders when it doesnt think you need them, which i think is pretty smart and seems to work really well. You can see her in the background hiding behind the Cactus :wink

Sandy

Mike Barrio

« Reply #12 on: 01/03/2020 at 09:38 »
Is it not a recognised mental disorder , "land rover"  :z8

You could be right  :z4  :z4  :z4 ...... I'm not totally convinced that I made the right decision and I do miss it.

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #13 on: 01/03/2020 at 10:00 »
Mike,

It is a two and a quarter petrol.

Eddie

Mike Barrio

« Reply #14 on: 01/03/2020 at 10:31 »
Mike,

It is a two and a quarter petrol.

Eddie

Nice  :z12

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com