Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Jim Eddie

Den of Ogil
« on: 20/02/2020 at 17:37 »
A favourite spot of mine Den of Ogil reservoir is being sold by the waterboard ,fishing rights included. If I had a  spare £25,000 I'd be interested  :wink

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/angus-mearns/1152331/jewel-in-the-crown-angus-reservoir-goes-up-for-auction-at-25k-complete-with-fishing-rights/amp/

:z18

Jim

Duncan Inglis

Re: Den of Ogil
« Reply #1 on: 20/02/2020 at 20:37 »
I’m afraid the £25k asking price is probably the least of the costs. I think the dam etc would have to be insured, have a regular “engineering”  inspection and associated ongoing maintenance. Probably the reason it’s up for sale by the water board.

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: 20/02/2020 at 21:25 »
Duncan
You at 100%  correct with that. When the Water Board have up Fedderate Reservoir, they offered it to Fraserburgh Angling Club for a £1.  They declined as they would be responsible for maintaining the Dam.

Gavin Stevenson

« Reply #3 on: 21/02/2020 at 06:06 »
I was involved with a syndicate many years ago who had fishing rights on couple of small reservoirs. We were approached by water board with offer to buy, the conversation lasted all of 5 mins when realised the list abilities and maintenance costs!

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #4 on: 25/02/2020 at 11:22 »
I am a member of Canmore who leased Ogil. They had first refusal and refused.

As stated, the costs associated with the dam are extremely high. I heard figures of £60,000 had been mentioned at the AGM.

So, unfortunately, the club reluctantly gave up the fishing.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com