Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Sandy Nelson

Re: River Don 2020
« Reply #75 on: 09/10/2020 at 18:19 »
Cracking fish Duncan

Might have to go down and wave the DH myself.

Sandy

Duncan McRae

« Reply #76 on: 09/10/2020 at 23:25 »
The river's a great colour and height at the moment so well worth a go Sandy.

Fished for a couple hours tonight but saw nothing which is unusual for our beat at this time of year.

Duncan

Duncan McRae

« Reply #77 on: 15/10/2020 at 20:25 »
The river looked tremendous tonight following the latest wee rise in water level.
The water was carrying a tinge of colour so tied on a small Ally's tube and within minutes of starting fishing had a Hen fish in the net.
Following my early fish,i had high hopes of further success but two hours later,having seen or touched nothing else,i realised that i must have been lucky to get that fish.
Either the fish are keeping their heads down or they are simply not there in any number.

Plenty of trout rising today getting a last feed before they start to spawn.Some big ones amongst them :z16

Duncan

Eddie Sinclair

« Reply #78 on: 15/10/2020 at 22:26 »
Nice fish Duncan well done.

Eddie :z16 :z16

John McKenzie

« Reply #79 on: 18/01/2021 at 20:22 »
great pics Sandy just joined ADAA for this year so just trawling the Don trout posts from last year lol. is that area in the ADAA as i am looking to fish smaller more quieter places for a nice peaceful relaxing day out, as long as i can park not to far from river :)
take care 

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #80 on: 04/02/2021 at 14:34 »
Hi John

Most of my shots are beats other than the ADAA as I’m not a member. I do fish Inverurie, ardmurdo, monymusk,  fetternear and various other upper beats throughout the year and  I rarely meet many folk out and about.
You will find plenty lovely water that you can park close too. So have fun exploring and don’t be afraid to move around beats to find feeding fish.

Best wishes

Sandy

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com