Fishing The Fly Forum, based in Aberdeenshire,  Scotland

George MacDonald

Labels
« on: February 01, 2020, 20:54:28 PM »
I don't know about anyone else but I like to label my spools with the name and weight of the line on it.
I have several Barrio lines, well 5 actually and another on the way,  presently I peel the label off the box as carefully as I can to affix to the spool,  not always successfully.
It would be a boon (to me at least) to have a spare label in the box.  Is this too cheeky a request?  :oops :cool:

Mike Barrio

Re: Labels
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 23:07:31 PM »
Thanks George, I'll put some thought into that :z16

Meantime, if you let me know which lines you'd like them for via email, I can send you some labels like the ones on the boxes.

Best wishes
Mike
www.flylineshop.com   At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 11:35:56 AM »
Aye that would be a good shout. Well perhaps not from a line sales point of view to be  fair. I currently have three 6# slxs for instance 😅

If I couod remember what size and type of line it is with minimal faffing I'd be happy to see that 👍

🍻

Steven

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 19:31:28 PM »

A pound at the Range 👍 and solvent takes it off if you need too.

Sandy
John Geirach 1999 "Millions of trout have died of old age before i could catch them and there's not a damn thing i can do about that"

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 21:12:49 PM »

A pound at the Range 👍 and solvent takes it off if you need too.

Sandy

That is probably going to work a lot better than stickers Sandy  :z16

The stickers break down when wet in my experience.

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2020, 23:07:50 PM »
I bought a white pen from Amazon for my black reels Derek Roxborough

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 14:09:26 PM »
None of my reels or spools, or even lines on plastic spools are marked.

I love the anticipation of setting a rod up on the bank and wondering if the line you have is the correct weight.

Its sort of Russian Roulette with a line ;)
Ok, I admit it, I quite like this salmon fishing lark....

Mike Barrio

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2020, 16:57:44 PM »
Must confess that I used to lose track of which lines I had on which reels all the time  :oops  but a few years ago I started to write the line info on the back of my reel pouches with a permanent marker pen :z16

I haven't really thought about it since ...... so I guess I can now tick that box as a winner :z17

I used to put stickers on the spools back in the fishery days ( when I had about 50 reels/spools in the hut ) but these invariably came off, or perished ..... and I had to resort to casting the lines on a few rods to work them out.

Cheers
Mike

Forum moderators : Mike Barrio - Hamish Young - Sandy Nelson

Barrio Fly Lines, designed in Scotland ... Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines - www.flylineshop.com - At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Copyright www.fishingthefly.co.uk all rights reserved

Please click here to read our cookies and privacy information before using our website forum