Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

George MacDonald

Labels
« on: 01/02/2020 at 20:54 »
I don't know about anyone else but I like to label my spools with the name and weight of the line on it.
I have several Barrio lines, well 5 actually and another on the way,  presently I peel the label off the box as carefully as I can to affix to the spool,  not always successfully.
It would be a boon (to me at least) to have a spare label in the box.  Is this too cheeky a request?  :oops :cool:

Mike Barrio

Re: Labels
« Reply #1 on: 01/02/2020 at 23:07 »
Thanks George, I'll put some thought into that :z16

Meantime, if you let me know which lines you'd like them for via email, I can send you some labels like the ones on the boxes.

Best wishes
Mike

Steven Sinclair

« Reply #2 on: 02/02/2020 at 11:35 »
Aye that would be a good shout. Well perhaps not from a line sales point of view to be  fair. I currently have three 6# slxs for instance 😅

If I couod remember what size and type of line it is with minimal faffing I'd be happy to see that 👍

🍻

Steven

Sandy Nelson

« Reply #3 on: 02/02/2020 at 19:31 »

A pound at the Range 👍 and solvent takes it off if you need too.

Sandy

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 02/02/2020 at 21:12 »

A pound at the Range 👍 and solvent takes it off if you need too.

Sandy

That is probably going to work a lot better than stickers Sandy  :z16

The stickers break down when wet in my experience.

Derek Roxborough

« Reply #5 on: 02/02/2020 at 23:07 »
I bought a white pen from Amazon for my black reels Derek Roxborough

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #6 on: 11/02/2020 at 14:09 »
None of my reels or spools, or even lines on plastic spools are marked.

I love the anticipation of setting a rod up on the bank and wondering if the line you have is the correct weight.

Its sort of Russian Roulette with a line ;)

Mike Barrio

« Reply #7 on: 11/02/2020 at 16:57 »
Must confess that I used to lose track of which lines I had on which reels all the time  :oops  but a few years ago I started to write the line info on the back of my reel pouches with a permanent marker pen :z16

I haven't really thought about it since ...... so I guess I can now tick that box as a winner :z17

I used to put stickers on the spools back in the fishery days ( when I had about 50 reels/spools in the hut ) but these invariably came off, or perished ..... and I had to resort to casting the lines on a few rods to work them out.

Cheers
Mike

Bob Mitchell

« Reply #8 on: 27/03/2020 at 09:17 »
My problem is that I take the lines off the reels at the backend and clean them. Come the spring I seldom remember which is which. Not the first time I have put a shooting head on the wrong  way and wonder what has gone wrong.
Bob.
Well seeing we can not go fishing]

Graham Nicol

« Reply #9 on: 28/03/2020 at 08:31 »
Some of Greys reels have on their spools line details that you fill in with small plastic grommets that they supply. So you can state size, types (floating, intermediate, etc) and whether WF, Dt, etc. All quite useful. The only missing part is line manufacturer.....but then they all be Bario!!

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com