Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

Bob Dey ADAA
« on: 01/02/2020 at 13:22 »
I was greatly saddened - as I am sure a lot of forum members will have been - to hear of the sudden passing of Bob Dey, President of the ADAA.

I first met Bob when I was heavily involved in the setting up of the River Don Trust, he took on the role of the first Chairman of the Trust.  What always struck me about Bob was his passion for fish, for fishing and all things related to it - he had a formidable knowledge of who/what/where and when regarding all things fishing in the NE which always impressed me.

Bob was pretty much a fixture on the committee of the ADAA and had been President of the Association for over a decade; I am sure his untimely passing at 68 will be felt not only by the ADAA but most of the Boards and Associations in NE Scotland.

H

Sandy Nelson

Re: Bob Dey ADAA
« Reply #1 on: 01/02/2020 at 18:54 »
Rest in peace Bob
May the rivers of heaven still have runs of salmon.

Sandy

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: 01/02/2020 at 19:56 »
I had heard yesterday, to young to go. Condolences to his family. RIP Bob

Duncan McRae

« Reply #3 on: 01/02/2020 at 20:46 »
So very,very sad to hear this news.

You always looked after the interests of your members.Will miss your guidance greatly.

RIP Bob

Mike Barrio

« Reply #4 on: 01/02/2020 at 23:13 »
That is sad news, my thoughts go out to his family.

Rest in peace Bob.

Steven Kidd

« Reply #5 on: 24/07/2020 at 11:17 »
Just reading back old posts and came across this, sad to hear.  I shared a boat and a great days fishing with Bob at Parkhill many years ago, a Gentleman and great company.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com