British Fly Fair International 2020

Staffordshire County Showground ST18 0BD
8th and 9th February
9.30am – 4.30pm

https://www.bffi.co.uk/

Terry Coging

Re: British Fly Fair International 2020
« Reply #1 on: 29/01/2020 at 12:06 »
Just hoping that some forum members can take a look at my modest display that introduces 'wafting'.   www.wafting.co.uk
Hamish has kindly sent me a dozen of his excellent dapping flies to show, along side a selection of flies I use for wafting.
There will be 4 x 15' rods displayed showing the progress made during the last 2 seasons.  Also a vintage Richard Walker designed and owned 15' #4 rod that was used by him. I suspect in the 60's he was trying to do what I am doing now.
Be good to see you there - Terry

ps - noted that the Stirling show in March has been postponed?

Mike Barrio

Re: British Fly Fair International 2020 New
« Reply #2 on: 29/01/2020 at 12:18 »
The Stirling show was the same dates as the Glasgow Angling Centre open weekend, perhaps why it has been postponed...

I think the Scottish Fly Fair is held every two years Andrew? ...... but I could be wrong.

Cheers
Mike

Mike Barrio

Re: British Fly Fair International 2020 New
« Reply #3 on: 29/01/2020 at 13:07 »
I’m not sure either to be honest, Mike. The first Scottish Fly Fair at Stirling appears to have been held in 2018, and 2021 is advertised as the third, so presumably was held in 2019 as well?

Andrew

You could ask The Scottish Fly Fair on Facebook Andrew : https://www.facebook.com/groups/1201377576569280/

Or via their website : http://scottishflyfair.org/index.html

Terry Coging

« Reply #4 on: 07/02/2020 at 07:34 »
Exhibitors 'set up' day today so I'll be up there this morning - only a mile from my house!
I see that Scott Mackenzie is doing the Salmon casting demo - looking forwards to meeting him.

It's a bit late but a heads up  for those visitors travelling South on the M6 - J14 is closed for repair. Come off at J13 for the A34 but instead of heading straight for Stafford, turn left at the Island after Stone and head for Weston.  Turn right at the lights in Weston and the Showground is 1 1/2 miles up the road. You will cross over the R Trent where I fish for Grayling.

Terry Coging

« Reply #5 on: 11/02/2020 at 12:42 »
I had a most enjoyable week end at the fair.  Met some very interesting people. Several visitors to my modest stand recognised the Assynt mountains which were the backdrop for the banner.  The dapping flies that Hamish tied were admired and met with much approval from the proper 'loch men' as I fondly call them. Some English visitors could not believe that a 1/2lb brownie can be caught with a small bird! Most visitors assumed that 'wafting' was dapping  and I had to explain with the use of a white board the difference along with the similarity.
I met Scott M for the first time - don't know what he thinks to the project but a pleasure to chat  with.

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com