Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Hamish Young

Folks,

Following on from last years excellent inaugural event, the RSAA is holding another fly tying fair at Inchberry Hall near Fochabers on Saturday 18th January.

Some excellent fly tiers attending with new additions this year of Sandy Howie, Dave Feltz, Kevin Muir and myself. We will all be tying a very broad spectrum of flies, so something there for everyone from the smallest trout flies to the biggest predator flies. There'll be some fly tying tuition/workshops being run and possibly a 'masterclasses' or two being delivered.  All the tiers will be delighted to chew the fat with anyone who cares to sit down, it's a friendly event  :z16

It's possible that Orvis will be in attendance alongside some other choice retailers.
There will be a burger van to keep us all fed and watered (well, supplied with coffee in my case) and possibly some casting tuition and a casting competition held - depends on the weather I should think.

Last years event was great craic and a really nice way to get into the swing of things for the approaching season.
Doors open at 10 am and it runs to 4.

H

Mike Barrio

Good to see that this event is on again this year, I enjoyed it last year :z16

Cheers
Mike

Derek Roxborough

Might just try , Derek Roxborough

Allan Liddle

Shaping up to be a cracking event guys with some excellent tyers there covering a wide range of styles and species.

Tyer Demo List:
Hamish Young, Kevin Muir, Liam Stephen, Ali Hutchens, Phil Glendinning, Graham Forbes, Dave Matteer, Alan Bithell, Sean Stanton, Dave Felce, Brian Burnett and of course me  :z4
Orvis, Sports and Model Shop (Semperfli / Partridge Sprite), Franc n Snelda, Deveron Trust, Spey Board and River Spey Anglers all have stands so plenty to see and chance to try / buy.

There's a hands on table for anyone wanting to try tying and catering van to keep us all fed and watered.

10.00am 'till 4.00pm and cheap entry, shaping up to be a great day and for a change not too far for those of us in the north to travel.
Free parking as well btw  :wink

See you all there.

Allan

James Laraway

soooo tempting to go - but I know what happens - I spend too much on stuff I 'need'  :X2

is there anyone who has taken up fly-tying who has managed not to turn into a collect-a-maniac ?

Hamish Young

Ask for some pocket money James and don't spend a feather more  :wink

Mike Barrio

soooo tempting to go - but I know what happens - I spend too much on stuff I 'need'  :X2

is there anyone who has taken up fly-tying who has managed not to turn into a collect-a-maniac ?

Handcuffs ... Straight Jacket?  :z4

Eddie Sinclair

Guys,

I know how this feels. Living in Brunei with no real access to fly fishing shops sort of makes you behave. However I am home on holiday and went to a well known Aberdeen tackle shop yesterday for a few odds and ends. The final bill was scary. But then again I will have loads of new flies to throw in various locations in 2020 so it is not wasted.

You can never have enough materials or hooks or tubes  :X2

Eddie

Cameron deBoth

This sounds like a good day! I'll try my hardest to get along.

Allan Liddle

Wee bump for this post guys as Saturday closing in fast.

Looking forward to the show, hope to see a few forum members, great way to get into the mood for the coming season.

Mike Barrio

Derek Roxborough

Looking at the weather  for the week end I may not risk it after all,sorry guys have a good day , Derek Roxborough

I am planning to drop in and looking forward to it.

Derek Roxborough

the problem with me is a 200+ round journey in iffy weather, any hoo have a great day, Derek Roxborough

Mike Barrio

Fingers crossed .... hoping to take a run up the road tomorrow :z16

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com