Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Kerry Jordan

Another retail nail in the coffin
« on: 03/01/2020 at 20:18 »
Anoher Orvis store  is closing  this month - Tarporley (Cheshire).
A sign of the times and another victim of the web’s deadly embrace IMHO. 

Bob Mitchell

Re: Another retail nail in the coffin
« Reply #1 on: 05/01/2020 at 14:44 »
Out local shop in Paisley closed last year. When I went in for fly-tying materials they would be out of stock of something. We will have it in for you end of week. 3 weeks later onto Flymakers and materials delivered to the door with in 2 days.
That is why I sometimes just order online.
Bob.

Terry Coging

« Reply #2 on: 05/01/2020 at 15:09 »
I reported somewhere else on the site about my experience when visiting the Orvis store in Indianapolis. Huge store (by our standards) of leisure and out door clothing and tucked away at the rear a small counter of tackle and rack of rods. It is obvious that the core business of fishing tackle gave way to the Orvis brand of clothing and accessories.  Most retail outlets for clothing are having a tough time.

James Laraway

« Reply #3 on: 06/01/2020 at 13:41 »
I reported somewhere else on the site about my experience when visiting the Orvis store in Indianapolis. Huge store (by our standards) of leisure and out door clothing and tucked away at the rear a small counter of tackle and rack of rods. It is obvious that the core business of fishing tackle gave way to the Orvis brand of clothing and accessories.  Most retail outlets for clothing are having a tough time.

same with the Orvis shops in Berwick-upon-Tweed and Bath.....

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com