Fishing The Fly Scotland Forum

Mike Barrio

Winter Rainbows?
« on: 22/12/2019 at 12:49 »
The weather is fairly mild for the time of year ..... anybody been paying the fisheries a visit?

It's a good while since I last fished for rainbows  :oops

Cheers
Mike

Bob Mitchell

Re: Winter Rainbows?
« Reply #1 on: 22/12/2019 at 17:19 »
Not fishing but out with the gun for a walk yesterday. My shoot at this time of year is usually below zero but yesterday it was 10 above. That is the height of summer for us. Crazy.
Bob.

Jim Eddie

« Reply #2 on: 22/12/2019 at 18:59 »
Fished Kingennie, Insch a couple of times. Also I'm a member of the Loch of Logie syndicate at Crimmond, its handy for me as its just 15 minutes from the house.
I like to get out of the house a this time of year, also do a bit of Grayling fishing on the Isla and have the odd Sea Fishing outing after the Cod.

:z18

Jim

Hamish Young

« Reply #3 on: 22/12/2019 at 20:39 »
If it's mild enough, I might try and get a day or two in stocky bashing.
There are few waters near me and to be fair I haven't bothered with them much until now, but I plan on a few for the pot - possibly.

H

Euan Innes

« Reply #4 on: 22/12/2019 at 23:41 »

I like to get out of the house a this time of year, also do a bit of Grayling fishing on the Isla a

:z18

Jim
Aw jeez, I clean forgot that my Isla ticket is still open for Grayling. I am busy until the second week of January but then I may have to drive south for the winter. Thanks Jim

Euan

Terry Coging

« Reply #5 on: 23/12/2019 at 07:50 »
I'm out with a dozen from our club on a small lake that we book every year, for the day after Boxing day.  Good time to show off or try out our prezzies. Average sized rainbow is 6lb  so I might try to get one on the 15' wafter rod to give it a strength test.
Happy Christmas all  :z18

Barrio Fly Lines - designed in Scotland - Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines

Designed in Scotland

Manufactured in the UK

Cast with confidence all over the world

www.flylineshop.com