Fishing The Fly Forum, based in Aberdeenshire,  Scotland

Andrew Gilmour

Orvis Flannel Shirt @ Costco
« on: December 18, 2019, 15:20:55 PM »
Just back from Costco Westhill.

Picked up an Orvis Big Bear Flannel shirt for £15. Plenty left as long as you like red or blue.

Presumably end of line items or a way of using surplus fabric, but well made and a bargain at that price.

Jim Eddie

Re: Orvis Flannel Shirt @ Costco
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 17:20:14 PM »
That's a good  price for an Orvis shirt  :z16

:z18

Jim
"Because in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing what they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion."

Daniel Rees

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 20:24:55 PM »
Got them in Cardiff Costco too but only in medium  :z6

Andrew Gilmour

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 18:55:05 PM »
The plot thickens on this one.
Today they had Orvis padded “driving jackets” in stock, but with a Costco themed label rather than the standard Orvis one. I wonder whether these are made specifically for Costco at a lower price (and presumably lower quality?).
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 19:06:31 PM by Andrew Gilmour »

Fred Hay

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2020, 05:03:24 AM »
I was in Costco Aberdeen yesterday, no sign of any of the flannel shirts but they did have a 'padded' Orvis jacket - not sure when you would use it, pretty think for an underlayer and not wind/waterproof.
Didn't seem very practical for the fishing/shooting clientele but perhaps that's just me ……………...

Rob Brownfield

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2020, 09:19:50 AM »
Didn't seem very practical for the fishing/shooting clientele but perhaps that's just me ……………...

But perfect for dog walkers.....  :X2
Ok, I admit it, I quite like this salmon fishing lark....

Forum moderators : Mike Barrio - Hamish Young - Sandy Nelson

Barrio Fly Lines, designed in Scotland ... Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines - www.flylineshop.com - At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

Please click here to read our cookies and privacy information before using our website forum

All content on this website is © copyright www.fishingthefly.co.uk