Fishing The Fly Forum, based in Aberdeenshire,  Scotland

Terry Coging

Hooks for dapping flies?
« on: December 10, 2019, 11:55:56 AM »
I have favoured low water salmon hooks in the past but a friend has introduced me to the lighter Partridge Sedge pattern PH-K12.
A bit lighter than the Partridge  L/W N type or even the Kamasan B180.
What do others think? (this has got to be one for Hamish).

Hamish Young

Re: Hooks for dapping flies?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 17:54:06 PM »
I have yet to try those hooks for dapping flies, the Partridge Bomber hooks I have used (CS42/R Bomber Dry) and they have the two key properties I look for in hooks for dapping flies.... good strength matched to light weight. Also worth noting that I very infrequently tie dapping flies below a #10 (Salmon) size, so reasonable that any hook with the two qualities mentioned will be just tickity boo  :z16

H
“When tired at last, he sat on the bank, while the river still chattered on to him, a babbling procession of the best stories in the world, sent from the heart of the earth to be told at last to the insatiable sea.”

Forum moderators : Mike Barrio - Hamish Young - Sandy Nelson

Barrio Fly Lines, designed in Scotland ... Cast with confidence all over the world

Barrio Fly Lines - www.flylineshop.com - At the heart of your fishing ..... lies a great fly line!

© Copyright www.fishingthefly.co.uk all rights reserved

Please click here to read our cookies and privacy information before using our website forum